Judge warns offender “excuses will not work” as she is threatened with jail
A judge warned an offender that more excuses will not spare her from jail if she continues to fail to comply with her suspended prison sentence.
Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Tuesday, July 17, how Clare Pocock, 39, of Ludham Gardens, Newbold, Chesterfield, admitted breaching a suspended sentence imposed for driving while disqualified when she failed to attend appointments and breached her curfew.
Defence solicitor Steve Brint said Pocock had suffered mental health problems after a troubled relationship, has been struggling with a child with mental health issues, had failed to... read more
- 16:07 NFL London: Osi Umenyiora and Jason Bell 'the best pundits on TV':...
- 16:07 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho hailed for furious brawl at...
- 16:07 Susan ‘walks the walk’ in a magical kingdom!
- 16:06 No complaints - West Brom must learn this Championship lesson and fast
- 16:06 Prince Harry breaks silence on whether he wants a girl or a boy...
- 16:06 Letter: Pension - The ‘invisible women’ of the 50s
- 16:03 ‘Use 999 responsibly’ plea after staff receive call from someone...
- 16:03 Why Yorkshireman Jason Liversidge wants to go 100mph in a wheelchair
- 16:03 Teenage girl arrested after man in 20s found dead in parked car in...
- 16:02 Mass marches in the UK - from Iraq to tuition fees
- 16:02 Louth newspaper office contributes to boost Poppy pot
- 16:02 The killing and mutilation of two vulnerable women that left a...
- 16:01 Roadworks round-up: Where drivers might face delays around...
- 16:00 Couple say they were ‘held hostage’ over £4,000 damage to...
- 16:00 Video: ‘At least 30’ injured after floor collapses at party
- 15:59 At least 22 people killed after commuter train flips over in Taiwan
- 15:58 ‘Use 999 responsibly’ plea after staff receive call from someone...
- 15:57 Jordan seeks to end Israel land lease
- 15:56 Toddler scalped when family friend accidentally drove over him
- 15:56 Todd Solondz: 'I have weak moral fibre. I wish I were stronger'
- 15:54 Prostate cancer: radiotherapy could extend thousands of lives,...
- 15:53 Smoke billows from Newton Abbot warehouse blaze
- 15:52 Launch party for game play
- 15:51 How many different names do you have for your dog?
- 15:50 Roadworks round-up: Where drivers could face delays around South...
- 15:50 Edinburgh’s belief takes them to one of their biggest Heineken wins
- 15:49 Man arrested after Leroy Ottey shooting released by police
- 15:48 ‘Use 999 responsibly’ plea after staff receive call from someone...
- 15:44 Amputee sex offender sent photo of his penis to 70-year-old woman
- 15:44 Newlyweds pose for romantic photo outside cannabis den