Judge to rule on NHS contract row between junior doctors and Jeremy Hunt
A High Court judge is preparing to deliver a ruling on a staffing contract row between junior doctors and Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt.
Junior doctors have complained that Mr Hunt wrongly imposed the contract on NHS employers.
Justice for Health, a group founded by five junior doctors, says Mr Hunt acted beyond the scope of his powers by compelling NHS employers to adopt the new contract.
Mr Hunt says the complaint is without substance and should be dismissed.
Mr Justice Green, who analysed evidence at a High Court hearing in London last week, is scheduled to deliver a ruling on Wednesday.... read more
- 12:07 I’m an introvert and no, I don’t wish I was an extrovert
- 12:06 ‘Security guards’ filmed in huge bust up outside Primark store
- 12:06 Birmingham Page 3 girl Janine Andrews bounces back from cancer
- 12:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Grant for wildlife group
- 12:06 Man pretended to be cab driver so he could rape women after...
- 12:05 Volunteers transform gardens for Mencap service users
- 12:05 Bernd Leno reveals private talks with Shkodran Mustafi ahead of...
- 12:04 Top cop hangs up hat for the last time
- 12:04 Councillors to meet next week to discuss hot topics
- 12:04 Ulverston man banned after admitting Barrow drug driving charge
- 12:04 Thresher sharks use their tails like bullwhips to kill or stun prey
- 12:04 Vulnerable pensioner bit thief's arm to stop her stealing £200 in...
- 12:04 Tit-for-tat tariff battle could spark downturn in global economy – BIS
- 12:03 Fence alight at Long Eaton home
- 12:02 The six things you need to know to keep your pet safe in the hot...
- 12:02 Sleaford's Rapunzel to cut off three feet of hair - here is why
- 12:01 Forty years since Fat Is A Feminist Issue
- 12:00 John McEnroe calls for Wimbledon to seed Serena Williams ahead of...
- 12:00 HMS Queen Elizabeth squeezes into harbour on her return to Portsmouth
- 12:00 Woman seriously injured in ‘horrific’ sexual assault attack
- 12:00 We asked our readers for their memories of the Clock Tower - and...
- 11:57 Chief ‘sad’ over low turnout of England fans at World Cup
- 11:57 England and Panama fans party until dawn
- 11:57 Man, 59, gets four consecutive life sentences for raping...
- 11:57 Bolton Wanderers linked with departing Burton Albion midfielder
- 11:55 Fisherman robbed of haul at sea off Devon's Slapton Sands
- 11:54 New event set to unite Wragby community
- 11:53 Fire breaks out at Molson Coors brewery
- 11:53 Fly-tipping blaze in Eckington
- 11:52 These three simple steps will get your child to listen to you