Judge halts deportation of families reunified by Trump administration
A federal judge has temporarily halted deportations of families recently reunited after they were separated by the Trump administration.
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) filed paperwork saying attorneys were concerned about “mass deportations” following the reunification of children aged five to 17 with their parents. They asked that deportations be stalled at least a week after the families were reunified, to allow time to ensure no family was being improperly deported.
Judge Dana Sabraw said on Monday he would order a halt to any deportations for a week until the government can... read more
- 01:06 Resilient travel agents fight back against Airbnb
- 00:59 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:59 Observer sudoku
- 00:57 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:57 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:54 How quinoa is changing farmers' lives in Peru
- 00:52 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:50 West Yorkshire Police makes £1.8m selling uninsured cars: Porsches,...
- 00:50 Vintage bikes theft anguish
- 00:50 Middlesex v Yorkshire: As it happened
- 00:48 Join the latest craze as zero-alcohol spirits are taking Britain's...
- 00:48 The A-word: Bonnie Estridge has Alzheimer's... but life goes on
- 00:43 Yemi Osinbajo: Why Nigeria's favourite leader won't become...
- 00:40 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:40 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:39 Obituary: Bui Tin, the reporter who changed his country's fate
- 00:36 Idris Elba: ‘My ambition is boundless’
- 00:30 'We are real': Saudi feminists launch online radio
- 00:27 Putin urges Europe to help rebuild Syria so refugees can return
- 00:27 Kofi Annan: tributes pour in for ‘an outstanding human being’
- 00:26 End of Greek bailouts offers little hope to young
- 00:20 The French connection: How Catalonia got its ballot papers
- 00:20 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard compares Maurizio Sarri and Antonio Conte...
- 00:20 Carl Frampton beats Luke Jackson after ninth round stoppage
- 00:14 Ode to joy: how to find happiness in balloons and rainbows
- 00:13 Scientists eavesdrop on disappearing sea trout
- 00:13 Pupils' great reaction to school science week
- 00:03 WATCH: Dave Seddon's verdict on Preston North End's 2-2 draw with...
- 00:03 Tyson Fury's clash with Deontay Wilder confirmed after victory over...
- 00:02 Lib Dem veteran Ming Campbell urges SNP to back EUref2