Judge halts deportation of families reunified by Trump administration
A federal judge has temporarily halted deportations of families recently reunited after they were separated by the Trump administration.
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) filed paperwork saying attorneys were concerned about “mass deportations” following the reunification of children aged five to 17 with their parents. They asked that deportations be stalled at least a week after the families were reunified, to allow time to ensure no family was being improperly deported.
Judge Dana Sabraw said on Monday he would order a halt to any deportations for a week until the government can... read more
- 02:01 'Watching our mates drop dead': New Zealand's synthetic cannabis...
- 01:55 Vegetarian meat substitutes 'exceeding salt limits'
- 01:47 Attending public or private school makes no difference in Naplan...
- 01:27 South Shields care home team win national award for going the extra...
- 01:22 Amy Schumer announces pregnancy on Instagram
- 01:16 Monsanto trial: judge rejects bid to overturn landmark cancer verdict
- 01:16 Guns and guards to be removed from Korean 'truce village' of Panmunjom
- 01:15 Demands for extra cash for ‘ignored’ children
- 01:12 Beaver reintroduction positive example of 'rewilding' says study
- 01:10 Liam Fox says Trump 'very keen' on trade deal
- 01:08 Britain's oldest football referee William "Harry" Hardy funeral
- 01:06 Andrew Vine: Politicians must get out of the gutter and heed the...
- 01:02 Tim Dewey: Budget must deliver three cheers for the great British...
- 01:02 Diana Johnson: Time to remove the stigma from our abortion laws and...
- 01:02 Pret sandwich death: Michael Gove to meet family
- 01:00 World's oldest intact shipwreck discovered in Black Sea
- 00:59 Stephen Hawking's personal items to be sold at auction
- 00:56 Spending plans must not ignore children, government told
- 00:46 Scheme to bring affordable housing to Knaresborough officially...
- 00:41 Man ‘stoned to death’ by monkeys
- 00:34 Highlands and Islands named among top world destinations for 2019
- 00:32 DVDs have had their day as shoppers go skimpy and sustainable
- 00:31 Sexual harassment inquiry finds it's not safe for women and girls...
- 00:29 Bodybuilding brothers face-off
- 00:29 Traffic lights failure caused long delays
- 00:28 Sudoku 4,198 medium
- 00:24 The Yorkshire Post says: The test of time. New alarm over sales...
- 00:24 The Yorkshire Post says: New technology. Yorkshire and skills...
- 00:24 Is blockchain living up to the hype?
- 00:21 Scheme to bring affordable housing to Knaresborough officially...