Judas? Paul Cooke serialisation: Why Hull FC went on strike pre-06 Grand Final
In today's Mail exclusive extract from his book, Judas? Paul Cooke questions the sanity of the head honchos at Hull FC relating to disputes over pay bonuses in the lead-up to the 2006 Grand Final.
Once again, the people running Hull FC managed to P*** on our success. My team-mate Shayne McMenemy had found out some information from the St Helens camp that upset most of the Hull squad.
Before each season the prize money on offer from the RFL is laid out for each final league placing.
Finishing top obviously gives a club the most reward, and that money is divided up and paid to the players... read more
- 07:21 Laura Bates picks five books on how to achieve gender equality
- 07:20 Help for people who suffer a hiss, a ring or a hum
- 07:20 Police chief urges parents to make sure their children are safe...
- 07:18 Crying foul: footballer told he could lose his house over unpaid bill
- 07:18 Meghan Markle’s dad says he’s been ‘frozen out’ by the Royal Family
- 07:18 Why didn’t Virgin Active freeze my membership in my maternity leave?
- 07:18 I've met a new partner – how can I ensure my kids get my house?
- 07:15 MISSING: Man missing from home
- 07:15 My girlfriend’s sexual past makes me anxious and irrational
- 07:15 Police chief urges parents to make sure their children are safe...
- 07:13 Coventry traffic news: Ring road, M6, A46, A45, M69 and more
- 07:11 Jupiter looks insanely beautiful in these new pictures from the...
- 07:11 Solution sought for shortage of school places
- 07:10 Man Utd transfer news: Marouane Fellaini opens up on future amid...
- 07:09 Man arrested by immigration officers after restaurant raid
- 07:09 NCS adventure begins for Cumbrian teenagers
- 07:08 Thieves are prowling around Preston Road cemetery and stealing from...
- 07:08 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:07 Orbit chiefs to face disgruntled tenants
- 07:06 Fax machines dusted off as North and South Korean forces start to...
- 07:06 Gareth 'Alfie' Thomas bids to outlaw homophobic chanting
- 07:06 Not everything makes sense
- 07:05 Hebden Bridge alive with colour as Handmade Parade takes to the...
- 07:05 Rehearsal photographs as Shakespeare’s Rose Theatre opens today in...
- 07:05 Solution sought for shortage of school places
- 07:05 Leeds council drawing up new plan to tackle rough sleeping in city
- 07:02 Arsenal transfer news: Jack Wilshere offered West Ham deal - but...
- 07:01 Lane closed on M6 after truck breaks-down
- 07:01 Greece hit by 5.5 magnitude earthquake off southern coast
- 07:01 Police chief urges parents to make sure their children are safe...