Joy for Bradley Lowery’s mum as lifesaving cancer treatment made available on NHS
The mum of much-missed youngster Bradley Lowery is celebrating a campaign win after a life-saving cancer treatment was approved for use on the NHS.
Gemma Lowery met then Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt in May to appeal for dinutuximab beta to be made available on the NHS.
She credits the antibody treatment with extending the life of Bradley, who received it while he was battling neuroblastoma.
Gemma has since battled to make it available on the NHS, and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has now recommended that it should be used to treat children with the disease on... read more
- 12:19 Usain Bolt’s football dream keeps on running but reality fails to...
- 12:19 Carlisle farm building blaze requires 20 firefighters and five...
- 12:18 Rhod goes back on the road
- 12:16 Einstein's directors fear Chesterfield development could cause...
- 12:16 Children cheer residents
- 12:15 Linkin Park pay emotional tribute to Chester Bennington on first...
- 12:15 Your 'NOW' music CD compilation could be worth a fortune
- 12:15 This is what Jack Grealish has said to Steve Bruce ahead of Aston...
- 12:14 Motorist abandons broken down car on M1 in South Yorkshire
- 12:10 Lesson in world culture for Boston pupils in 2008
- 12:09 Motorist abandons broken down car on M1 in South Yorkshire
- 12:09 Two people cut free from three vehicle crash near Lincoln leading...
- 12:07 Barrow council refuses to provide support services for Universal...
- 12:07 Wasps weekly: Jimmy Gopperth, Brad Shields, James Haskell, Ricoh...
- 12:07 FGH celebrate the generosity of Barrow woman
- 12:07 Rookie defender signs first professional contract with Coventry City
- 12:07 Ask an expert: what foods should i give my weaning baby?
- 12:07 Swimming safety a top concern for Bootle community
- 12:07 Former Southampton trainee signs professional deal with Coventry City
- 12:07 Fire bosses ask parents to educate kids on kitchen safety this summer
- 12:07 Coventry City snap up two players as Dujon Sterling opens up on...
- 12:07 Thomasina Miers’ recipe for green bean and new potato ‘tonnato’ salad
- 12:07 How best to repot a houseplant
- 12:07 Tamal Ray’s recipe for white nougat with dried apricot and cherry
- 12:05 Tour de France 2018: stage 14 – live!
- 12:01 Savvy pupils turn disused block into business hub
- 12:00 BREAKING: Body found in Skegness park
- 11:59 Yorkshire Regiment’s freedom march through Wakefield
- 11:56 The Nostalgia column with Margaret Watson
- 11:55 20 firefighters and five appliances tackle Carlisle farm building fire