Joel Matip out for the rest of the season with Liverpool defender set for surgery on thigh injury
Liverpool defender Joel Matip is expected to be out for the rest of the season as he is likely to have surgery on a thigh injury.
Matip suffered the injury during the Reds' 2-1 win at Crystal Palace on Saturday although he did play the full match.
However following a medical examination after the game, it has been revealed Matip may need an operation to heal the injury, according to Liverpool's official website.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Manchester City players EGG birthday boy Gabriel Jesus and... Emre Can set to miss Liverpool's Champions League... Manchester United arrive at... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle