Jo Swinson says ‘absolutely not’ to idea of second Scottish independence vote
Jo Swinson said she would ‘absolutely not’ allow a second Scottish independence referendum as she pledged to keep the UK together and part of the EU.
The Lib Dem leader added that another vote is ‘the last thing we need’, warning it would just create further ‘chaos’.
She told constituents in North East Fife, the most marginal seat at the last election, that her party was the only one explicitly opposed to both Brexit and Scottish independence.
‘I’m absolutely clear, Liberal Democrats will not be allowing another independence referendum,’ Ms Swinson told reporters on her visit to a Crafty... read more
- 12:24 What is National Insurance and why are the Tories pledging to cut it?
- 12:07 M60 crash survivor reunited with firefighter rescuer by chance
- 12:02 Radcliffe Moriscos morris troupe win big at TMDA Championship
- 12:02 Bury Council meeting cancelled because of general election
- 11:38 Brexit Party campaigner being 'barred from store' results in...
- 10:39 Ricky Tomlinson and Ralf Little visit Bury Market to film new series
- 10:39 Concerns raised about bookings at The One
- 09:59 Burntwood groups boosted by donations from business
- 09:41 General election 2019 latest: Labour’s radical ‘manifesto of hope’
- 08:53 Man charged after young girl sexually assaulted in Radcliffe
- 08:38 Long delays after four-vehicle crash on M60 at Worsley
- 05:59 Bury Hospice – behind the scenes: Operations and outreach
- 05:59 Firm goes extra mile to help Bury Hospice
- 05:59 Old Hall Primary School is home to a beehive
- 05:59 Bury Council reserves will be spent on senior staff salaries
- 05:59 Crash victim reunited with saviour by chance
- 05:59 Bury's most wanted — November 21, 2019