Jeremy Corbyn vows to ‘change Britain’ in speech to Labour Party conference
Jeremy Corbyn told Labour delegates today that ‘together, we are going to change Britain.’
Appearing for his keynote speech to Labour’s annual conference in Liverpool, Corbyn said the party is going to anchor what it does in communities.
He claimed the move is Labour’s ‘strength’.
The leader later acknowledged the summer had been ‘tough’ because of the row over anti-Semitism.
In a message to the Jewish community he said: ‘This party, this movement, will always be implacable campaigners against anti-Semitism and racism in all its forms.
‘We are your ally.
‘And the next Labour government will... read more
- 07:47 Man and woman killed in south London crash
- 07:44 Scottish away win at 6 Nations big guns has to come now, says Laidlaw
- 07:44 Arsenal news: Lille boss drops hint Nicolas Pepe may be set for...
- 07:44 Driver's 'lucky' escape from wrecked car on M6 near Lancaster
- 07:44 Chelsea plan £200m summer spending spree as Zinedine Zidane targets...
- 07:40 Driver's 'lucky' escape from wrecked car on M6 near Lancaster
- 07:38 Market Harborough firm focuses on mental health
- 07:37 UK food imports from EU face '£9bn tariff bill' under no-deal Brexit
- 07:37 The three Chelsea players who could benefit most from the club’s...
- 07:37 Chris Eubank Sr too close to see truth about son, says...
- 07:37 This is what you can expect from the weather this weekend
- 07:30 Man and woman in their 70s killed after van in police chase crashes...
- 07:30 Teenager dies after being shot and stabbed in north London
- 07:27 Mum's anger as balaclava-clad thief drives HER CAR in viral video
- 07:27 Spring is in the air for annual snowdrop day at Greatham Hall Gardens
- 07:25 Brexit and identity in NI: A delicate issue
- 07:24 FARMING MATTERS: Online matchmaking for cattle
- 07:19 Killer taxi driver ‘came through gap in central reservation’ on...
- 07:19 Police called to brawl in Sheffield suburb
- 07:17 Essence of Corby celebrated at special Cube event
- 07:17 Landmark day for Corby railway station
- 07:16 Greig Laidlaw the veteran presence in Paris amongst the...
- 07:14 Francis ready to kick on after successful Saints comeback
- 07:13 Too much, too young? Mayor could become the first millennial president
- 07:14 Curle confident loanees Elsnik and Powell will shine for Cobblers
- 07:13 Teenager dies after shotgun and knife attack in north London
- 07:06 FARMING MATTERS: Online matchmaking for cattle
- 07:02 This is what you can expect from the weather this weekend
- 07:01 Liverpool fans won't like this analysis of Jurgen Klopp's tactics
- 07:01 Sam Allardyce in the firing line on Celebrity Apprentice