Jeremy Corbyn: Labour’s ‘green revolution’ will bring UK 400,000 jobs
A Labour government would lead a “green revolution” if elected to government, creating 400,000 new jobs and cutting the UK’s greenhouse gas emissions to zero by 2050, Jeremy Corbyn will pledge today.
In his speech closing the Labour conference in Liverpool, Mr Corbyn will commit to a sevenfold increase in offshore wind power and to double onshore wind, treble solar power and make all homes in the UK energy efficient by 2030, bringing “skills and security to communities held back for too long”.
READ MORE: Deal to bring Scottish wind power to 550 homes
Promising “radical solutions” to combat... read more
- 13:45 TV chef Gino D’Acampo’s middle name is SHEFFIELD – after changing...
- 13:43 Scots hi-fi firm Linn in fine tune as R&D pays off
- 13:42 Leaflets posted in Liverpool urging people to become ‘White Racial...
- 13:42 Is Banksy behind this painting on a wall in Port Talbot?
- 13:41 Jeremy Corbyn accused of calling Theresa May a 'stupid woman'
- 13:42 Call for Northumberland Labour leader to resign
- 13:41 South African police issue arrest warrant for Grace Mugabe
- 13:40 Call for Northumberland Labour leader to resign
- 13:39 Aston Villa are set to swoop for this man - three years after...
- 13:39 A heartwarming festive tale set in Atherstone
- 13:39 Jose Mourinho 'set to be offered next management job' just 24 hours...
- 13:39 Uncertain future for Hull's sexual health services after £2.3m...
- 13:39 'Disorganised' grotto where kids waited hours evacuated after...
- 13:39 The shock thing Jose Mourinho did to Manchester United players...
- 13:39 TV chef Gino D’Acampo’s middle name is SHEFFIELD – after changing...
- 13:38 Illegal alcohol and cigarettes seized in Lincolnshire will power homes
- 13:37 St Helens house prices up by 1.2% in October
- 13:35 Ofsted: Trust has ‘restored faith’ in Somercotes school
- 13:35 Officers concerned for safety of missing Nottinghamshire nine-year-old
- 13:35 How Daniel Levy plans to persuade Mauricio Pochettino to snub...
- 13:33 Officers concerned for safety of missing Nottinghamshire nine-year-old
- 13:32 Why the battle to fix Europe's fisheries policy isn't over yet
- 13:31 Serial Sunderland rapist Omar Sharif jailed for more than 32 YEARS
- 13:31 Paul Whitelaw’s Christmas TV survival guide
- 13:29 These are the chemists which are open over Christmas and New Year...
- 13:28 Sales of unofficial Yorkshire passport ‘have soared’
- 13:28 Illegal alcohol and cigarettes seized in Lincolnshire will power homes
- 13:28 Man remains in police custody after woman died at home in Bradford
- 13:27 Don Your Way Column: Christmas: Peace and goodwill or tantrums and...
- 13:26 'Society has a duty to help poor students': university leaders on...