Jazz Albums with Chris Searle Soul of invention from Satoko Fujii and Joe Fonda
Satoko Fujii and Joe Fonda
Mizu + Duet
(Long Song Records) DURING one of my poetry classes with some 14-year-olds in Sheffield in 1993, a Pakistani boy and a Yemeni boy, Fiaz and Ghamdan, combined to write the poem Mizu — the Japanese word for water — about the human catastrophe of Hiroshima.
Say the people of Hiroshima,
“We want water!”
A man comes to help,
He jumps onto a sandspit
Of one of the rivers of Ota.
He looks around him
And hundreds of people are saying
He says, “There is no clean water,
The water is poisoned,
And the only clean water
runs down your... read more
- 01:40 Royal tour: First glimpse of Meghan's baby bump
- 01:40 Stormy Daniels defamation lawsuit against Trump dismissed
- 01:29 The Yorkshire Post says: Stick to day job. Universal Credit...
- 01:27 Died and gone to heaven? No, that's air pollution Bryan Adams
- 01:25 Budget 2018 predictions: what will Philip Hammond announce?
- 01:25 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 01:14 Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Paul Allen dies aged 65
- 01:13 Andrew Vine: High street shops need support so use them or lose them
- 01:11 Prince Harry and Meghan given some very Australian baby gifts
- 01:04 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 01:02 The Yorkshire Post says: Thank you to Childline volunteers who...
- 01:02 Claire Perry: Greener world presents new opportunities for...
- 01:02 High Street ‘vital to UK’s social fabric’ - Card Factory boss
- 00:57 William Wallace: No deal on Brexit may well mean the end of the UK....
- 00:54 Facebook cracks down on ‘dark ads’ by British political groups
- 00:54 UK cyber-centre thwarts hostile hackers
- 00:52 Spain player ratings: How did Paco Alcacer, David De Gea and Thiago...
- 00:52 Arsenal news: Unai Emery has achieved something Arsene Wenger...
- 00:50 Sudoku 4,192 medium
- 00:50 City where only one train in three is on time
- 00:44 The face of Hull city centre could soon be transformed with big...
- 00:39 Usain Bolt offered European professional football deal – reports
- 00:31 Letter from Africa: Kenya unveils biblical strategy to tackle...
- 00:26 Countries where smacking children is banned 'are safer to grow up in'
- 00:25 Belgian mechanic accidentally destroys £22m fighter jet
- 00:24 UK in-store contactless payments overtake chip and pin – Worldpay
- 00:24 Hammond 'would need £19bn a year to meet May's end of cuts vow'
- 00:24 Australian embassy in Israel may be moved to Jerusalem
- 00:23 How New Zealand is trying to take on child poverty
- 00:19 Dazzle of front three sees England fill gap on Gareth Southgate’s CV