Japanese and British fighter planes meet for first time since World War Two
British fighter planes will take on Japanese aircraft for the first time since World War Two in aerial combat drills following the arrival in Japan on Saturday of four Royal Air Force Typhoon Eurofighters.
The joint practice at Japan's northern Misawa Air Base starts on Sunday and will be the first time Japan’s air force train at home with a foreign force other than that of the United States.
The jets along with a C-17 support plane touched down early in the evening under overcast skies, their high-pitched screams prompting some onlookers to cover their ears.
The Typhoons will face off... read more
- 00:22 Putin warns West on Balkans as Serbia prepares lavish welcome
- 00:21 Hermes: Where the luxury giant is an industry outsider
- 00:13 Why are the Chinese buying fewer cars?
- 00:13 Commuters and students 'short-changed by the government'
- 00:13 Retailers told to clean up act over fake faux fur
- 00:13 No-deal Brexit warning for UK drivers
- 00:13 Housing market outlook worst 'for 20 years'
- 23:57 School's protective fence plan prompts neighbour complaints
- 23:57 Residents' rage over garage forecourt facelift
- 23:54 Residents' rage over garage forecourt facelift
- 23:49 Larry Nassar case: University head John Engler 'set to resign'
- 23:48 Former West Indies coach Stuart Law says old charges can trouble...
- 23:48 Professional rider Mason Lowe dies after bull steps on his chest at...
- 23:47 Chelsea keen on £40m deal with Everton… but Kurt Zouma is part of...
- 23:42 Harry Redknapp’s granddaughter Molly 'dating' I'm A Celeb's Malique...
- 23:41 US to begin INF treaty pullout next month after Russia missile...
- 23:41 Pranksters defend spreading fake news of Trump's departure
- 23:41 Top North Korean officials reportedly set for Washington visit
- 23:41 Greek PM wins confidence vote after Macedonia name crisis
- 23:36 Football Leaks: 'Suspected hacker' detained in Hungary
- 23:29 Hillsborough trial hears how risk of Liverpool fan crush was 'obvious'
- 23:29 Clubber Mohammed Abdul who drove car onto dancefloor banned from roads
- 23:29 Shoreham Airshow crash pilot Andrew Hill played 'fast and loose'...
- 23:29 Meghan Markle's £25 H&M dress sends internet into frenzy - and you...
- 23:29 Bury Council commits to becoming a plastic free community
- 23:18 IN PICTURES: HRH Princess Anne heads for the Farne Islands to visit...
- 23:18 IN PICTURES: Princess Anne visits St Aidan's Church in Bambrgh
- 23:15 US 'probes Huawei for trade secret theft'
- 23:05 Birmingham kids in care far more likely to be convicted of crime
- 23:04 David De Gea ready to commit his future to Manchester United in...