Japan to impose fresh sanctions on ‘UNACCEPTABLE’ North Korea under orders by Donald Trump
The move, as mentioned by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in a recent joint news conference with the President, will freeze assets on businesses and individuals with ties to the hermit kingdom.
Yoshihide Suga, the Chief Cabinet Secretary, said: “The North Korean missile and the nuclear issue is a pressing threat unseen before.
“Its provocative actions, in which it has ignored the severe warnings of international society, are totally unacceptable.”
The organisations in question are North Korean banks and certain individuals that are based in numerous countries including China, Russia and... read more
- 19:15 Eden Hazard reveals who he voted for to win Best FIFA Men’s...
- 19:11 Walkers confirms it's receiving empty crisp packets in the post as...
- 19:08 Frenkie de Jong’s agent speaks out on Manchester United rumours
- 19:07 Bakers find recipe for success online
- 19:07 Watch Coventry City star make his come-back live tonight against...
- 19:07 Chaos as Tesco petrol station 'mix up unleaded and diesel pumps'
- 19:07 US cop sacked after shooting her black neighbour dead in his own...
- 19:07 #MeToo is almost a year old – do you think things have changed?
- 19:07 Nauru blocking refugee evacuations a problem of Australia's...
- 19:04 Monday at the Labour party conference
- 19:04 Chelsea news: Olivier Giroud sends fierce Maurizio Sarri warning to...
- 19:03 Nuno is set to call up these Wolves kids for Carabao Cup duty
- 19:02 Cousins caught with loaded sawn-off shotgun say they were dragged...
- 19:03 Cheers and tears at Carlisle Living Awards
- 19:02 Sunderland sack Didier Ndong, saying he breached contract by going...
- 19:02 'Coward' butcher leaves victim with life-changing injuries in...
- 19:01 The open-air church that drew hundreds in the Highlands
- 18:57 Seven ways to overcome loneliness
- 18:57 It’s just an illusion: culture secretary Jeremy Wright’s hologram
- 18:57 Expecting the Queen for dinner? Make her favourite soup
- 18:57 Oh, brother: why siblings make the most savage political opponents
- 18:57 Compote, dressing or gin: what can you do with a glut of blackberries?
- 18:57 How to get fit – without breaking the bank
- 18:53 First routine eye check uncovers brain tumour in five-year-old girl
- 18:48 Northern bosses remain ‘highly confident’ despite Brexit uncertainty
- 18:46 When do the clocks go back in October 2018 and when do they go...
- 18:45 Lancashire teaching assistant Rachel Evans writes new novel and...
- 18:45 Meghan and Harry go head-to-head in netball shootout
- 18:44 City centre road closed as emergency services tackle flat fire
- 18:43 Parts of Doncaster have some of worst figures for attempted online...