James Wade stuns Michael van Gerwen with 7-3 Premier League win
James Wade caused Michael van Gerwen to drop points for the first time in this year’s Premier League as he beat the world number one 7-3.
Van Gerwen was not at his best and ‘The Machine’ was typically opportunistic as he picked up a pretty comfortable victory in the end.
MVG had gone into the contest with three wins from three games, but could not produce anything like his best form, finishing with an average of just 94.33 and a checkout ratio of 27.27%.
Wade didn’t care, though, averaging marginally better at 95.65 to claim an impressive victory.
The Englishman now climbs into the top four... read more
- 12:36 Climate shift means end of the road for cars and more investment in...
- 12:36 Conservation gains but farm advice pains in North York Moors...
- 12:36 Supermassive black hole at Milky Way’s centre linked to mysterious...
- 12:36 Woman's terror as South Shields house attacked and car damaged
- 12:36 Can’t sing? There’s a choir being set up in Doncaster for tone deaf...
- 12:35 Samworth students are fit for business in young enterprise scheme
- 12:35 Man, 20, found guilty of pensioner's 'brutal' murder after burglary
- 12:33 Ex-firefighter embarks on new career as a train driver
- 12:32 Twin town project success
- 12:31 New charity shop with coffee bar set to open at Asfordby
- 12:31 How and why Yorkshire must lead the way in tackling air pollution –...
- 12:31 Previews Arts ahead: March 21, 2019
- 12:30 Internationally-renowned Derbyshire tourist attractions appeal for...
- 12:30 Great Horwood teenager presents Harry Kane with player of the year...
- 12:30 Firm radiates with pride over Queen’s Award
- 12:30 New plans for £4m medical centre to replace GP surgeries revealed
- 12:29 Residents' shock after Ashfield Co-op targeted by armed robbers
- 12:29 'We are petrified every day' - Stourbridge residents react after...
- 12:29 First picture of Arthur 'Bob' Gumbley's twisted killer Jason...
- 12:29 Wigan Council reclaim £2m in overpaid housing benefits
- 12:27 Miners pension campaigners optimistic after meeting minister
- 12:27 Remainer Nottinghamshire residents gearing up for People’s Vote march
- 12:27 Knife pressed against 13-year-old girl in Kettering
- 12:26 Plans for new centre at heart of IAMP set for £33million boost: Key...
- 12:26 ‘Boom’ This is the EFL update Birmingham City fear most
- 12:26 ‘I f****** love’ Why Leeds United and West Brom are scared of Aston...
- 12:26 Man arrested on suspicion of rape after woman attacked in...
- 12:25 Miners pension campaigners optimistic after meeting minister
- 12:23 Remainer Nottinghamshire residents gearing up for People’s Vote march
- 12:23 Lancaster knife attack teenager loses appeal