James Milner's dad banned him from wearing red as a child - but he has been won over by Liverpool
He may be at Liverpool now - but James Milner has revealed that he was banned from wearing the colour red as a child.
Milner is enjoying a fantastic start to the 2018-19 campaign, earning plaudits for his Premier League and Champions League performances.
The Reds have currently won five of their five Premier League fixtures.
They also kicked off their European exploits with a pulsating 3-2 victory over PSG on Tuesday night.
But the Liverpool Echo reports his current career is a far cry from his younger days when his Leeds United-supporting dad banned him from wearing any clothes in the... read more
- 17:16 Exploring Glasgow's dark ties to the slave trade
- 17:16 Taxi driver picked man up from Yorkshire pub, drove to remote...
- 17:16 Thieving supermarket cashier developed sophisticated scheme to...
- 17:15 Winning Health Lottery ticket was bought in Daventry... but the...
- 17:15 Transgender hate crime is rising in Lancashire
- 17:15 Ex-Chinese internment camp detainee denied US visa despite Congress...
- 17:14 ‘Sheffield believes in fairness’ development money goes to deprived
- 17:14 Kleenex to remove 'mansize' tissues after sexism complaints
- 17:13 Brexit's 'doom loop': the 'blood red lines' that drive May's DUP...
- 17:13 Police still seeking man who was last seen in Tattershall
- 17:12 Can a well-positioned tennis ball help prevent snoring?
- 17:12 From satay skewers to waffle pops: sticks are the new bowls when it...
- 17:12 How to get rid of an unwanted housemate
- 17:12 UK retail sales fall in September as shoppers spend less on food
- 17:10 Exclusive Lukas Nmecha Preston North End column: From training...
- 17:10 FC United of Manchester finally get their man: Red Rebels to...
- 17:09 N’Golo Kante would only leave Chelsea for Barcelona or Real Madrid
- 17:09 Ryan Giggs rates Manchester United’s chances against Chelsea
- 17:07 Police still seeking man who was last seen in Tattershall
- 17:07 UK must offer better protection to porpoises, EU Court rules
- 17:07 World’s largest peanut is cracked by strong winds
- 17:07 Scottish rare snail release a ‘vital step’ in saving species
- 17:07 Chelsea fan got drunk and waved his penis at police
- 17:06 Adequate funds key for schools
- 17:06 Mansfield faces major problems with obesity alcohol and drugs,...
- 17:06 This is why a Nuneaton school was on lockdown
- 17:05 Hull's @TheDock home to C4DI reveals its big expansion plans
- 17:04 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp accused of injury ‘smoke screens’ on...
- 17:04 Transgender hate crime is rising in Lancashire
- 17:02 Blair, Cameron and Brown lead memorial service for Tessa Jowell