Jail for 'thoughtless' drink driver who killed man and left partner with life-changing injuries
A father of four who was twice the drink drive limit when his van careered out of control and struck a couple walking hand in hand – killing one of them – has been jailed.
Pedestrian Ryan Draper, 27, died and his partner Kim Martin, also 27, from Rhyl, suffered critical life-changing injuries in the impact, which hurled them into a field.
Initially van driver Emyr David Jones said at the scene on the B5122 in Caerwys, Flintshire, that he had hit a tree, his brother was coming to recover his vehicle and an ambulance was not needed.
It was only when other drivers stopped to assist that Mr... read more
- 01:47 Jaguar kills eight other animals after escaping from zoo enclosure
- 01:46 Military spouses set up skills base in Fife
- 01:27 Plan for multi-million pound transformation of Garth Lane site into...
- 01:27 The Yankee Candle shoplifter who was knocked down as she fled...
- 01:14 CCTV reveals explosive device thrown at home of Gerry Adams
- 01:04 Margaret Fulton's Basque chicken recipe
- 00:54 North Korea to resume search for US military remains
- 00:47 Trump-Putin summit: Why is it a big deal?
- 00:47 Higher Sunday roadworks speed limit tested
- 00:46 Female workers to earn £74k less than male peers, research reveals
- 00:32 Missing Marian Turton found safe and well after huge police search
- 00:27 Sudoku 4113 easy
- 00:27 Russia must ‘account for role’ in shooting down MH17, says G7
- 00:27 Justine Greening shows support for second Brexit referendum
- 00:26 Tudor shipwreck discovered by local group on Kent beach
- 00:26 Iran nuclear deal: US rejects EU plea for sanctions exemption
- 00:21 How two strangers set up Dropbox and made billions
- 00:21 I'm 65 and my interest-only mortgage is ending – what can I do?
- 00:21 Firms told to engage with staff to improve trust
- 00:15 Justine Greening calls for second Brexit referendum
- 00:15 Morgan Lake gives GB reason for cheer as USA claim Athletics World Cup
- 00:12 Motorway roadworks speed limit could rise to 60mph on Sundays
- 00:12 Hong Kong's Snowden refugees, facing deportation, hope of new life...
- 00:12 A day of glory: how the French press covered World Cup victory
- 00:12 Sharp rise in number of super-rich prepared to invest £2m for UK visa
- 00:11 Nearly 8 million people providing care for family members without pay
- 00:08 Calls for Pride Glasgow CEO to quit after 'utter disgrace' of...
- 00:08 Donald Trump protesters praised by Police Scotland for 'good...
- 00:05 Rand Paul breaks with Republicans as he doubts Trump supreme court...
- 00:05 Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue a 'pedo' in...