Jackie Bird reveals how she came within three hours of death
NEWS presenter Jackie Bird twice came within hours of death and her family were called to her hospital bedside to say their final goodbyes after she suffered a twisted bowel last month, she has revealed.
Speaking publicly about her illness for the first time this weekend, the BBC’s veteran Hogmanay Show host said she hoped to be back on screen to lead the New Year celebrations at the end of this month. But Bird, 50, told how her recovery has been slow since doctors twice fought to save her life after she collapsed with stomach pains.
She praised her teenage son, Jacob, and neighbour, Angus... read more
- 19:04 Patisserie Valerie says its accounts were 'significantly manipulated'
- 19:04 Hundreds of new council homes will be built in Sheffield
- 19:04 LIVE – Prime Minister Theresa May faces vote of no confidence
- 19:03 Hull's NHS shells out £12m in a year in negligence claims
- 19:03 LIVE – Prime Minister Theresa May faces vote of no confidence
- 19:02 Scientists find ancient humanoid fossil has a surprisingly...
- 19:02 Coffee is under threat as 60 percent of species now face extinction
- 19:01 Harry Kane aiming for February return from injury in time for...
- 19:00 Watch police seize deadly weapons from car in Wolverhampton
- 19:00 Kate Middleton reveals activity Princess Charlotte is 'very keen'...
- 19:00 Teenager raped seven-year-old boy in graveyard
- 18:59 Chelsea increasingly confident of signing Gonzalo Higuaín in January
- 18:59 Full transcript of every word Marcelo Bielsa said in Leeds United...
- 18:59 Faces of five men involved in the brutal kidnap, torture and...
- 18:58 Fugitive cow is still on run six months after she escaped from rodeo
- 18:55 Murdered dad will never get to hold or love his newborn baby,...
- 18:53 Chitra Ramaswamy: Love Letter To Europe
- 18:53 A1M crash leads to seven miles of congestion
- 18:53 Mary Queen of Scots map launched in new tourism campaign
- 18:53 New Middlesex coach Stuart Law: ‘I was a tough player – hopefully...
- 18:53 Liverpool transfer stance on unsettled Barcelona star Coutinho...
- 18:51 Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa makes SHOCK admission amid 'spying' saga
- 18:50 Liverpool fans faced 'obvious, serious and present' danger on...
- 18:45 Hull MP Emma Hardy blames Tory austerity for rise in Humber Bridge...
- 18:42 Pregnant Meghan laughs as pensioner calls her a ‘fat lady’
- 18:41 Sunderland council chiefs call for ‘fair share’ of funding from...
- 18:41 Small increase in heating charges for Sheffield tenants
- 18:41 No rent rise for Sheffield Council tenants this year
- 18:41 More people will leave institutions and live in communities
- 18:35 LOTTO RESULTS: Tonight’s winning National Lottery numbers Wednesday...