Jack Shepherd: Can a fugitive remain on the run forever?
Three days before Jack Shepherd was due to stand trial for manslaughter by gross negligence, police found he had disappeared. He was convicted in his absence of killing Charlotte Brown in a drunken speedboat crash and has spent the last six months on the run. Can a fugitive really evade the law forever?
Shepherd had been trying to impress Ms Brown when he let her drive his defective boat along the River Thames on their first date in 2015.
It was a drastic error of judgement which ended with the speeding vessel capsizing, throwing the pair into the water, where the 24-year-old drowned.... read more
- 12:07 These are the worst vehicle accident black spots in Mansfield
- 12:07 New plastic bottle greenhouse for Sutton school
- 12:07 Take That live to Halifax cinema from Cardiff
- 12:07 Thousands of Bucks primary school pupils Dare to Dream during...
- 12:07 Community focus: Fears ‘lifeline’ coffee morning on Sheffield...
- 12:05 Parents forced to rely on ‘baby banks’ for children’s basics under...
- 12:05 Brexiteer admits egging Jeremy Corbyn as he left mosque
- 12:05 EU says no-deal Brexit looks ‘increasingly likely’
- 12:05 Labour party's general secretary diagnosed with breast cancer
- 12:05 Five fire crews attend building fire at former RAF Binbrook air field
- 12:05 Sheffield City Region devolution deal worth £30m a year is agreed...
- 12:05 Police chase on M6 after car seen driving WRONG WAY down motorway
- 12:04 Nicola Sturgeon ‘interferes’ with Holyrood ministers’ jobs, claims...
- 12:04 Calling all pie lovers! Louth Pie Day set to celebrate independent...
- 12:03 12 pictures from the Wakefield Hospice 1k Mini Run 2019
- 12:02 Why new England star Callum Hudson-Odoi is right to demand Chelsea...
- 12:02 These are the latest crime hotspots in Burnley and Padiham...
- 12:02 High Peak school ‘delighted’ with outstanding ratings from Ofsted
- 12:02 Giving North Lincs region a clean sweep – part of the Great British...
- 12:01 Off-Road bike officer makes drugs bust in Rushden
- 12:01 12 pictures from the Wakefield Hospice 1k Mini Run 2019
- 12:01 Debt problems 'linked to mental health issues'
- 12:00 'Broom army' offered as support floods in for South Shields cafe...
- 12:00 Pierre captains Grenada to victory as Elsnik makes Slovenia debut
- 12:00 Police seek dashcam footage of John Lewis lorry crash as biker...
- 11:59 Brexit supporter who egged Jeremy Corbyn admits assault charge
- 11:59 Diana Ross calls for end to criticism of Michael Jackson
- 11:59 Stumbling blocks are not unknown in Leeds United’s landmark seasons
- 11:58 Gainsborough’s disused water tower could be converted into new home
- 11:58 Staff celebrate opening of new Superdrug at Banbury Gateway