“It’s the girls’ choice to do it... I’ve always enjoyed it”
Jade Slusarczyk has certainly never felt degraded as a “walk-on girl.”
She’s bemused – as well as saddened – by the decision of the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) to axe the tradition. The PDC announced last week the long-established practice of women escorting male players to the stage would be abandoned, after talks with broadcasters.
But Jade, who has been a walk-on girl with Sky Sports for seven years and worked at major darts and snooker events across the country, said she was disappointed.
The 32-year-old former Miss Poulton, from Blackpool, said: “Some people say having walk-on... read more
- 14:33 Mum who spent £15k on botched plastic surgery uses blood-sucking...
- 14:30 Fewer than one in eight rape cases result in convictions in...
- 14:30 'Don't punish the children': Hull parents' backlash over schools...
- 14:30 Thousands of Wiganers could have sex "superbug"
- 14:31 Scottish Government handed over public cash for advertising...
- 14:30 You're much more likely to die of cancer if you live in certain...
- 14:30 Police issue warning after £100k scam
- 14:30 Longridge put Palace Shield title credentials to test
- 14:31 Want to be bag free? Then visit LeftIt
- 14:31 Who was William Wallace and what was his role in the Battle of...
- 14:30 Gang steals BMW in burglary in Leeds
- 14:30 Sharp rise in gun and knife crime in Sunderland, police recorded...
- 14:30 Main stage act pulls out of Tramlines festival after posting...
- 14:30 Shocking statistics reveal robberies on the rise in Sheffield
- 14:31 Mum Selina’s warning over tragic online pain ‘games’
- 14:30 Olivia in the running to become Miss England
- 14:30 Pupils honoured at Speech Day
- 14:30 Chernobyl children get arty at Cockermouth School
- 14:31 Arsonists strike NINE times across South Yorkshire overnight
- 14:31 Man found guilty of hunting hares with a dog in Derbyshire
- 14:30 Army Cadet who saved a life in Mansfield awarded by Mayor - as four...
- 14:30 Vandals branded ‘disgrace to society’ after defacing war memorial
- 14:30 New escape rooms coming to Wellingborough soon
- 14:30 Rats climbing walls and seen 'every day' at Northampton council estate
- 14:30 Grassy field ablaze in Holmewood
- 14:31 Do dock leaves cure nettle stings? Here's what to do if you get stung
- 14:30 Drought order made to draw water from three lakes
- 14:31 Self-harming children refused access to mental health services...
- 14:30 Recreated 'lost' cottage of murdered quilter opens under £18million...
- 14:30 Social action day improves grounds around Sheffield school