It’s a dazzling double for Thimbleby
A project to restore the spire at St Margaret’s Church in Thimbleby enjoyed a double success in the annual UK Church Architecture Awards.
The King of Prussia Gold Medal for repair and conservation architecture was awarded to PPIY architects for their work on St Margaret’s. Prince Nicholas von Preussen, patron of EASA and vice president of National Churches, presented the medal.
Alexa Stephens - lead architect on the project - was named Young Architect of the Year and is pictured (INSET) with HRH The Duke of Gloucester who presented her with a trophy and £250. The presentations were held at... read more
- 13:19 Stratford Herald to host General Election hustings
- 12:57 Libraries in Lichfield and Burntwood to get upgraded computers
- 12:42 Lichfield Garrick lifts the lid on new season of shows
- 12:42 Global interest as items from former Abbots Bromley School are...
- 12:24 What is National Insurance and why are the Tories pledging to cut it?
- 12:07 M60 crash survivor reunited with firefighter rescuer by chance
- 12:02 Radcliffe Moriscos morris troupe win big at TMDA Championship
- 12:02 Bury Council meeting cancelled because of general election
- 11:38 Brexit Party campaigner being 'barred from store' results in...
- 10:39 Ricky Tomlinson and Ralf Little visit Bury Market to film new series
- 10:39 Concerns raised about bookings at The One
- 09:59 Burntwood groups boosted by donations from business
- 09:41 General election 2019 latest: Labour’s radical ‘manifesto of hope’
- 08:53 Man charged after young girl sexually assaulted in Radcliffe
- 08:38 Long delays after four-vehicle crash on M60 at Worsley
- 05:59 Bury Hospice – behind the scenes: Operations and outreach
- 05:59 Firm goes extra mile to help Bury Hospice
- 05:59 Old Hall Primary School is home to a beehive
- 05:59 Bury Council reserves will be spent on senior staff salaries
- 05:59 Crash victim reunited with saviour by chance
- 05:59 Bury's most wanted — November 21, 2019