Israel Folau raises compensation bid over Rugby Australia sacking
Rugby player Israel Folau has upped his demands for compensation from Rugby Australia to A$14m (Â£7.4m; $9.5m), following his high-profile sacking.
The former Wallabies star is suing after being fired in May for making anti-gay remarks on social media.
Folau, a Christian, argues that the termination of his contract is a case of religious discrimination.
In raising his compensation claim, Folau asserted that he could have become captain of the national side.
The 30-year-old full-back also included potential lost earnings from match performances and sponsorship deals in his amended claim,... read more
- 00:39 Swansea mum quarter-way through 20,000-mile coast trek
- 00:39 Boy, 5, given prosthetic arm that lets him hug brother
- 00:39 Check your train time - new timetables begin
- 00:23 Talking Horses: Keeper Hill to climb at Cheltenham, plus Saturday...
- 00:18 Who will replace Jeremy Corbyn after Labour’s worst defeat in 80...
- 00:07 New Zealand volcano: Search resumes for two remaining bodies
- 00:03 General election 2019: 'Full steam ahead to Brexit deal'
- 23:26 Albanese attacks Coalition’s nuclear ‘fantasy’ as Greens say report...
- 23:13 Paedophile couple who filmed themselves abusing children jailed for...
- 23:11 Arsenal and Manchester United eye Dejan Kulusevski transfer
- 23:07 Quadriga: Lawyers for users of bankrupt crypto firm seek exhumation...
- 22:52 Blackwater founder Erik Prince secretly met Venezuela vice-president
- 22:47 Time to do one apace to the Kerguelen Islands?
- 22:47 Frank Lampard says Chelsea uncertainty over signings no bad thing
- 22:47 Arsenal’s Freddie Ljungberg wants quick decision on Emery successor
- 22:47 Dwight McNeil: ‘It was character-building to be released by United’
- 22:40 Western Australia bushfire out of control as temperatures expected...
- 22:32 Frank Lampard rates Chelsea transfer target Nathan Ake
- 22:32 Mikel Arteta keen on Arsenal job as Gunners prepare for talks with...
- 22:32 Dimitar Berbatov’s Premier League predictions including Arsenal,...
- 22:26 Investors who lost $190m demand exhumation of cryptocurrency mogul
- 22:20 Harlequins’ Champions Cup hopes all but ended by Ulster mauling
- 22:20 Danny Cipriani: ‘From a kid to an adult, it’s been rejection for me’
- 22:18 What the Conservatives' win means for your money
- 22:15 Uber launches appeal to regain London taxi license after TFL...
- 22:07 Charlie Nicholas fears Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandere...
- 21:54 Donald Trump: supreme court to rule on release of bank, tax and...
- 21:40 Dad finds ‘pungent’ dead snake inside Christmas wreath
- 21:40 A&E waiting times worst in a decade as NHS warns of winter pressures
- 21:28 Pedophile jailed for convincing his girlfriends to sexually abuse...