Isaiah Haastrup parents announce death of 'brave baby boy'
Isaiah Haastrup, a baby at the centre of a legal row over his treatment, has died, his parents have confirmed.
An appeal by the parents of the 12-month-old to continue his life-support treatment was dismissed by European judges on Tuesday.
Isaiah suffered "catastrophic" brain damage due to being deprived of oxygen at birth.
His parents fought a lengthy legal battle with King's College Hospital to allow further care for their son.
Isaiah's father said he was "so proud" of his "brave" son as his life-support was withdrawn on Wednesday.
Takesha Thomas and Lanre... read more
- 13:33 Kettering pupils’ imaginations can run riot in new school hub!
- 13:32 Sri Lanka's Pidurangala Rock: Bare bums stir trouble
- 13:30 Brussels honours murdered West Yorkshire MP Jo Cox with special...
- 13:28 Don't post crisp packets, Royal Mail begs anti-plastic protesters
- 13:28 Passengers reveal damage done to luggage after airport workers were...
- 13:25 Cinnamon recipe: pomegranate and cinnamon pears
- 13:25 TV chef Hersha Patel: the dish that transports me back to my childhood
- 13:25 Retford museum secures huge cash injection to celebrate Pilgrim...
- 13:24 Chelsea duo Jorginho & Callum Hudson-Odoi in stitches laughing at...
- 13:24 Tommy Fleetwood reveals message of support from Manchester City...
- 13:23 Labour MP's call for general strike to topple Tories rejected
- 13:22 Mother’s answer to son, 6, who asked ‘why did you abandon me?’
- 13:22 Doncaster to host launch of best-selling Filipino cook book
- 13:22 Revealed: the most popular baby names in Derbyshire
- 13:22 Smiling prisoner with distinctive tattoo escapes from a Derbyshire...
- 13:21 Proud villages strike gold with In Bloom award
- 13:20 Revealed: the most popular baby names in Derbyshire
- 13:20 Smiling prisoner with distinctive tattoo escapes from a Derbyshire...
- 13:19 Solihull man Danny Cooper wanted by police for GBH and dangerous...
- 13:19 Apple chief designer officer Jony Ive awarded prestigious Professor...
- 13:17 Doncaster to host launch of best-selling Filipino cook book
- 13:17 Weeding work on A19 wins environmental award
- 13:17 Brussels honours murdered West Yorkshire MP Jo Cox with special...
- 13:17 Burnley Fire Station to host 32nd annual 10k run
- 13:14 Burnley Fire Station to host 32nd annual 10k run
- 13:14 Burnley restaurant scoops gong at English Curry Awards
- 13:14 Alaska declares emergency for Native American languages
- 13:14 Huge spike in Yemen violence as civilian deaths rise by 164% in...
- 13:14 HMP Humber inmate gets another six months for having mobile phones...
- 13:13 Madeleine McCann police apply for more money to continue £11.6m hunt