Is size important when it comes to wine glasses?
If your wine was served in a smaller glass, would you drink less of it?
That is the question being posed in a study, published in the BMJ, into the growing size of wine glasses.
University of Cambridge researchers found glass size grew from an average 66ml in the 1700s to 449ml today - a near sevenfold increase - and wine drinking nearly doubled from 1980-2004.
"When it comes to how much we drink, wine glass size probably does matter," says study author Prof Theresa Marteau.
The increase in the capacity of wine glasses has been more rapid since the 1990s.
The researchers think one... read more
- 15:45 Derbyshire set for Indian Summer as temperatures rise
- 15:45 Operating theatre push for Head Medical
- 15:45 2018 PDC World Grand Prix darts dates, qualifiers, fixtures,...
- 15:44 Arsenal injury update: Unai Emery welcomes two stars back after...
- 15:44 Horse Racing Tips: Goodwood, Perth, Redcar, Wolverhampton
- 15:44 Two men wanted after morning stabbing near Daventry industrial estate
- 15:42 Merseyrail U-Turn over SOME Giants trains after public backlash
- 15:40 Masked heroes set to take Banbury’s Castle Quay by storm
- 15:40 Deddington stroke survivor’s festival dubbed a ‘huge success’
- 15:40 White House says it is open to testimony from second Kavanaugh accuser
- 15:40 Trump flatters Rouhani: 'I'm sure he is an absolutely lovely man'
- 15:39 Fashion icon sold in £1.6bn deal
- 15:38 Facebook moderator sues over 'beheading stress'
- 15:38 Five reasons behind Hartlepool United's impressive form ahead of...
- 15:37 Motorcyclist injured in crash near Kettering
- 15:37 Aston Villa news: One done deal... now second star set to be handed...
- 15:37 Man Utd news: Woodward makes transfer promise, squad for Derby...
- 15:36 Billy Joe Saunders fined and warned by British boxing board over video
- 15:36 Ryanair has cancelled 190 flights scheduled for Friday
- 15:36 Police blasted over offering 'night in Fred West's old prison cell...
- 15:34 VIDEO: Battered and bruised cyclist, 82, speaks of his anger at...
- 15:33 Disruption expected on the A64 as three weekend closures near...
- 15:33 Derbyshire set for Indian Summer as temperatures rise
- 15:32 Last gasp finish as Morpeth hit back for win
- 15:32 Team gold for Morpeth U15s on Northern Relay Championships
- 15:32 Turf Moor only football ground in the UK to serve Bénédictine
- 15:31 Nightclub blocked from hosting student party in Birmingham
- 15:31 Boxing fans reveal who they want Anthony Joshua to fight next ahead...
- 15:29 East Hull care home given 'outstanding' rating from inspectors
- 15:29 Lichfield rider Toby Barnes continues bright start to West Midlands...