Irregular heartbeat? THIS hidden heart condition has been linked to higher DEATH risk
An irregular heartbeat is properly known as atrial fibrillation (AF), and it affects 33 million people worldwide.
It can sometimes go undetected since some people may show no symptoms, such as palpitations or dizziness, and it may only be spotted during routine tests or investigations for another condition.
However, researchers have warned that those with AF who also have another long-term health condition could be at a higher risk of death.
In a study by the University of Glasgow, scientists found that young or middle-aged sufferers were more likely to die prematurely than those without... read more
- 10:25 Scrutiny changes at Northants County Council welcomed by commissioner
- 10:25 New Doctor Who trailer shows first glimpse of Sheffield scenes
- 10:25 VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows scale of huge blaze in Doncaster
- 10:24 Harrogate indie business woman pioneers 'big city' idea
- 10:24 Preston weather forecast: Heavy rain hits Preston but this is when...
- 10:23 Pedro sends message to Chelsea fans on Instagram after suffering...
- 10:22 Help stop vile trade in indecent images
- 10:22 Airport bosses call for 'serious action' against baggage handlers...
- 10:22 This is how criminal gangs steal from British tourists on the beach...
- 10:22 New ‘Blue Box’ community centre in Belper moves closer
- 10:21 Help stop vile trade in indecent images
- 10:21 New Doctor Who trailer shows first glimpse of Sheffield scenes
- 10:21 Met Office issues yellow weather warning for the North West as...
- 10:21 VIDEO: Dramatic footage shows scale of huge blaze in Doncaster
- 10:20 Met Office issues yellow weather warning for the North West as...
- 10:19 Brazilian women mobilise against 'misogynist' far-right candidate
- 10:19 'Our lives are in danger': mother with autistic son faces US...
- 10:19 Scientist's report casts doubt on Jeremy Bamber trial evidence
- 10:19 Burntwood builder admits stealing £1,200 of tools and equipment...
- 10:19 Boy, 15, arrested over van crashing into house in Loughborough is...
- 10:18 'We want them here' - Jeremy Corbyn wants Red Arrows to stay at...
- 10:18 NatWest and RBS online glitch locks customers out of accounts
- 10:18 Arsenal news: Theo Walcott reveals how he 'fell out of love with...
- 10:18 My life in sex: ‘My rubber fetish has enriched my life’
- 10:18 Construction traffic increase fear for Morpeth resident
- 10:18 Monumental feat completed by vets team
- 10:17 Title heartache for Kenilworth Croquet Club
- 10:16 Watch: Heartbreaking CCTV of Mylee Billingham happily shopping with...
- 10:16 Tough fundraiser for two worthy charities
- 10:16 Wennington volunteers celebrate litter picking success