Ireland cuts GDP growth forecast on Brexit concerns
Ireland on Tuesday cut its gross domestic product forecast for 2017 on concerns about the fall-out from Britain's vote to leave the European Union and said risks were centred "firmly to the downside."
The finance ministry cut its 2016 GDP forecast to 4.2 percent from 4.9 percent and for 2017 to 3.5 percent from 3.9 percent and said there was considerable uncertainty to the outlook for next year with the impact of Brexit still unfolding.
"We have reduced next year's forecast by around half a percentage point to take into account the uncertainty associated with Brexit,"... read more
- 19:39 Erdogan takes commanding lead in Turkish presidential election
- 19:38 Body found after fire at Ladbroke Grove flats
- 19:34 Watch Katy Perry meet fans beside the Clyde in Glasgow ahead of...
- 19:33 New driver overtakes learner - and almost runs over man on zebra...
- 19:32 Two very different visions of Labour foreign policy
- 19:31 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 19:26 DUP leader Arlene Foster attends first Gaelic football final in...
- 19:26 Model shares remarkable photo of recovery after acid attack horror...
- 19:24 Retired British couple found dead in Jamaica
- 19:24 'A money-making machine': families struggle to pay Home Office charges
- 19:23 ‘In a dream world’ – England fans in Nizhny Novogorod react to...
- 19:23 Socceroos' time of transition sees baton pass from Cahill to Arzani
- 19:23 County cricket talking points: Surrey go top thanks to supreme Pope
- 19:23 Gareth Southgate: ‘We wouldn’t swap Harry Kane for anyone’
- 19:23 Wallabies prove 'tactically inept' against smarter Ireland
- 19:19 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 19:19 Leicester salutes services personnel at Armed Forces Day event
- 19:18 Antonia Syson obituary
- 19:18 Michael Banton obituary
- 19:13 England’s odds to win World Cup slashed after Panama thrashing
- 19:12 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho bins Alex Sandro plans, La...
- 19:12 Everton transfer news: FOUR set to follow Ramiro Funes Mori out as...
- 19:03 The slums of Hull: Starving families, people covered in filth and...
- 19:03 Mali Fula villagers were killed 'in cold blood'
- 19:03 'I still feel mutilated': victims of disgraced gynaecologist Emil...
- 19:01 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 18:59 Body found in search for missing Northumberland man
- 18:50 Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- 18:50 UK's 'most patriotic' street gets bunting out again for England
- 18:48 Egypt star Mohamed Salah considers retirement from...