Iran economic protests shut Tehran's Grand Bazaar
Traders at Tehran's Grand Bazaar have taken part in a big protest against rising prices and the plummeting value of Iran's currency, the rial.
Shops were shut and thousands of people took to the streets of the capital.
Riot police later fired tear gas to disperse the demonstrators as they marched towards parliament.
It was the biggest protest in Tehran since 2012, when international sanctions related to Iran's nuclear activities were crippling its economy.
The BBC's Kasra Naji says those protests led ultimately to a change in government and to Iran agreeing to substantive talks on a nuclear... read more
- 02:41 Sheffield bomber crash: Fly-past due on 75th anniversary
- 02:21 Michael Owen’s Premier League predictions including Man Utd v...
- 02:17 Cyclone Oma eases but Queensland and NSW weather warnings remain
- 02:14 Festival with real WOW factor
- 02:06 What would happen to European travel plans after a no-deal Brexit?
- 02:03 Dave Hanna, former Queensland union boss, found guilty of rape
- 01:59 #MeToo Oscars: Why aren't there more female directors?
- 01:53 The students recycling clothes for London Fashion Week
- 01:47 North Korea appeals for food aid as regime cuts rations due to...
- 01:45 The murderer who's opening a youth centre
- 01:45 Quiz of the Week: Who popped the question?
- 01:45 Daryl Gurney hails ‘real class act’ Michael Smith for Premier...
- 01:27 Government faces High Court action over children's rights
- 01:17 Fears for Uighur comedian missing amid crackdown on cultural figures
- 01:17 Japan’s Hayabusa 2 successfully touches down on Ryugu asteroid
- 01:14 PTSD affects 'one in 13 by age of 18'
- 01:14 Brexit: Theresa May warned dozens of Tories could rebel over no-deal
- 01:04 James Gargasoulas jailed for life over Bourke Street massacre
- 01:02 Sudoku 4,302 hard
- 01:02 Melbourne car rampage: James Gargasoulas jailed for six murders
- 00:57 Anthem video game set for tough debut
- 00:49 Bill Carmichael: Why the odds are stil stacked against the...
- 00:48 Okinawa referendum: everything you need to know
- 00:44 Rory McIlroy sets off with a bang to lead WGC-Mexico Championship
- 00:44 Natalie Bennett: Why Independents and their rebel alliance will...
- 00:42 'Historical Google Earth' project captures a changing Britain
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: A fitting flypast – Sheffield remembers...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: Answers please – main parties must respond...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: All change on climate policy as Humber’s...
- 00:40 Caroline Flint: How small changes to transport could make a big...