Investors poised for US rate hike - business live
Good morning, and welcome to our rolling coverage of the world economy, the financial markets, the eurozone and business.
It’s Fed decision day, and investors are pricing in the third US rate hike of the year, as the central bank’s chairman Jerome Powell and his colleagues continue to displease President Trump who has said he is not happy with the rate rises.
The decision will be announced at 7pm UK time, and anything other than a rate hike will come as a major shock to markets.
The dollar index, which measures the US currency against a basket of other major currencies, is edging higher... read more
- 14:14 Woman reunited with wedding ring nine years after flushing it
- 14:14 Whole Foods found to have cancer-linked chemicals in their packaging
- 14:14 Marks & Spencer is now selling foot long pigs in blankets
- 14:14 Drinking a glass of wine a day could keep you out of the hospital
- 14:14 Get out of jail free - how Yorkshire firm’s Monopoly boards helped...
- 14:14 Reward on offer to catch Corby’s most wanted man
- 14:14 Plans for housing on riverside site resubmitted
- 14:13 Why has Labour not called a no-confidence vote?
- 14:13 Holding Court: entrepreneur Harry Mead on the future of private...
- 14:12 Reward on offer to catch Corby’s most wanted man
- 14:12 Live: Huge traffic tailbacks after collision at busy Nuneaton island
- 14:11 Will Sir Greg Knight be backing Theresa May in tonight's vote?
- 14:11 Fundraising campaign for sick children will be lasting legacy of...
- 14:10 Alisson the rock in Liverpool’s solid defence, says Van Dijk
- 14:10 Team Sky’s legacy: titles and ambition tarnished by coldness and...
- 14:10 'It came a bit out the blue' The verdicts from the Wolves dressing...
- 14:10 Meet the rough sleepers living on the streets of Birmingham
- 14:10 Masked crowbar thugs storm Spar Express and snap open till in Great...
- 14:10 Santa tells children to 'get the f*** out' after ripping off beard...
- 14:10 Fundraising campaign for sick children will be lasting legacy of...
- 14:10 Valley councillors overturn controversial change to complaints...
- 14:08 Cat Smith column: This Brexit shambles is definitely not top of the...
- 14:07 Will Sir Greg Knight be backing Theresa May in tonight's vote?
- 14:06 Festive magic at Woodhall Spa’s Christmas Fayre
- 14:05 Fundraising campaign for sick children will be lasting legacy of...
- 14:05 Explorer inspires Skegness pupils with his book donation
- 14:05 Theresa May could stand down before election, No 10 suggests
- 14:05 Young stars shine in traditional show
- 14:05 Warning of booze risks
- 14:03 Coventry City FC quiz: Can you name these 12 Sky Blues players from...