Investigation launched into A66 crash at Penrith which left one person dead
One person has died following a crash on the A66 in Cumbria.
The tragedy followed a two-vehicle collision east of Penrith.
Emergency services were called to the scene at about 12.15pm today.
It happened on the eastbound carriageway, close to the Llama Karma Cafe.
Officers at the scene confirmed that one person had died.
No details about the deceased person - or the vehicle they were travelling in - have been released.
There were heavy delays in and around the scene of the tragedy as the scene was cleared, made safe and investigations into how the crash happened were launched.
The A66 was... read more
- 01:37 Quiz of the Week: Which superhero wasn't Lee's?
- 01:37 Khmer Rouge surviving leaders face genocide verdict
- 01:25 North Korea's Kim Jong-un supervises test of 'new ultramodern weapon'
- 01:16 Sophia Jex-Blake: The battle to be Scotland's first female doctor
- 01:16 Melbourne shipwreck beer back in Glasgow after 150 years
- 01:16 Police investigate NHS Tayside brain surgeon harm
- 01:16 Police Scotland cyber kiosks 'could be unlawful'
- 01:08 Dejan Lovren taunts Sergio Ramos and calls Spain ‘p******’ after...
- 01:07 England 3-0 USA: Wayne Rooney marks final Three Lions appearance in...
- 00:58 Volkswagen budget electric car: what we know about the Tesla Model...
- 00:55 Sudoku 4,219 hard
- 00:51 ‘Ignore this’: Jonathan Franzen’s top 10 writing tips get gleefully...
- 00:48 Schools admit informally excluding pupils
- 00:48 UK banks urged to justify 'staggering' level of branch closures
- 00:43 Farewell to Wayne Rooney brought cheers and a hymn to the new age
- 00:43 Steve Smith and David Warner welcomed back by IPL teams
- 00:43 Talking Horses: Cheltenham's autumn meeting puts jumping at centre...
- 00:43 Jarryd Hayne reportedly under investigation over allegations of...
- 00:43 Wayne Rooney tears stop Gareth Southgate’s England dressing-down
- 00:41 Missing Sandra Gant: Family 'have to accept she died'
- 00:41 Homeless family in Cornwall rehoused 13 times in 18 weeks
- 00:36 John Kerry: Europe must tackle climate change or face migration chaos
- 00:35 'How Amazon helped me transition to a woman'
- 00:33 How 'miniature suns' could provide cheap, clean energy
- 00:32 Flu vaccine delays for over-65s 'resolved by weekend'
- 00:29 Winstanley House, Get Busy Living Centre and New Lubbesthorpe among...
- 00:24 Khmer Rouge leaders face 'Nuremberg judgment' on genocide charges
- 00:24 Zuckerberg: I didn't know of Facebook ties to firm attacking George...
- 00:16 Black Friday tech deals 2018: early Amazon UK offers on games...
- 00:13 All the winners in Hull Daily Mail Business Awards 2018 after a...