Inquest to open into death of Halifax schoolgirl Ursula Keogh
An inquest is due to open today into the death of a schoolgirl whose body was found in Halifax just a few hours after she went missing. Ursula Keogh, an 11-year-old pupil at Lightcliffe Academy, was found dead in the Hebble Brook at Paris Gates on Monday, January 22.
A hearing is scheduled to take place at Bradford Coroner's Court this morning.
Police previously asked people not to post speculative comments via social media as they could undermine ongoing enquiries.
A spokesman said that if comments were abusive in nature, they could constitute a criminal offence.
- 06:51 Tax plan to target online retail giants is ‘ill considered and...
- 06:51 Stobart Group chosen to help deliver flood response technology by BT
- 06:50 'I'm cool under pressure': Usain Bolt takes A-League training bow
- 06:48 Castles under siege from new threat
- 06:47 “Respect has to be earned ‘mate’! Don’t you forget that.”
- 06:47 The real library borrowing figures at voluntary libraries
- 06:45 Check out more of the photos from Hartlepool Show
- 06:45 Hartlepool school cook on trial charged over £60,000 theft of...
- 06:45 Hospital staff have their say as health chief launches new drop-in...
- 06:42 No school for five years for Antrim boy with autism
- 06:40 Cruel thief stole donations from Dove House Hospice
- 06:40 Girl, 3, hospitalised after eating chocolate brownie at wedding...
- 06:40 Mum's horror as 'man lurking in bushes' flashes at daughter, 9, and...
- 06:40 Man Utd news: Real Madrid star interested in January transfer,...
- 06:39 Gang feud thugs set fire to OAP couple in horror attack at caravan...
- 06:39 Rangers fans asked to applaud during match against Ufa in honour of...
- 06:39 Spending £400m less per year on schools is real moral of SNP's...
- 06:39 Three women facing trial in connection with Gleneagles £500k...
- 06:38 Castles under siege from new threat
- 06:35 Castles under siege from new threat
- 06:35 Aston Villa linked with loan-to-buy move for striker - but there's...
- 06:33 Sunderland uni scoops silver award for veteran support
- 06:31 Pam Hogg: 'Just don't call me normal'
- 06:31 Labour MP candidate refuses to stand again for party in Sheffield...
- 06:30 Tuesday’s best TV: Manhunting With My Mum; Ackley Bridge
- 06:30 “SCC is not fit for purpose”
- 06:30 Asia Argento: police investigate sexual assault claim against actor
- 06:29 Bride-to-be learns why you should never stick a pen in your hair
- 06:25 Castles under siege from new threat
- 06:25 Woman and two men shot outside Tube station in latest London violence