Infected blood scandal 'brings shame on Government'
The infected blood scandal "takes the Great out of Great Britain" and brings "shame" on the government, according to one of the victims.
Peter Burney made the comments in a statement to the Infected Blood Inquiry, investigating the treatment of people with blood products containing hepatitis and HIV in the 1970s and 80s.
He contracted hepatitis after two blood transfusions in 1976.
Mr Burney accused the Government of a "cover-up on an industrial scale", which "reads like something out of a spy novel".
"Shame on you. When the truth comes out,... read more
- 19:14 Trump might have a solid case for emergency declaration, analysts say
- 19:14 Honda's decision is a vote of no confidence in Britain’s future
- 19:14 National Lottery to give grant to transgender children's group
- 19:14 Isis Briton Shamima Begum faces move to have citizenship revoked
- 19:11 Police confirm seven children dead in a house fire in Halifax
- 19:11 New York City bans hair discrimination to fight racism
- 19:09 IS teen to lose UK citizenship, says family
- 19:09 Fight in city centre as Bayern Munich fans sold fake Champions...
- 19:05 IS bride who wants to return home 'to have UK citizenship revoked'
- 19:04 Fans save Scottish squirrels to mark K-pop rapper J-Hope’s birthday
- 19:03 Isis bride Shamima Begum to have British citizenship revoked
- 19:03 Mohamed Salah: Juventus chief reveals transfer plans for Liverpool...
- 19:02 Owners of Leeds Hydroponic Centre want permission for tea room and...
- 19:01 West Indies v England ODI predictions: Top run-scorer, wicket-taker...
- 19:01 Presenting Percy may run this weekend despite owner’s caution
- 19:00 Inside scoop: Harrogate council on the hunt for ice cream vendors
- 19:00 Business Awards: entry deadline looms
- 19:00 Owners of Leeds Hydroponic Centre want permission for tea room and...
- 18:57 Brexit backstop: May rules out 'Malthouse compromise'
- 18:57 Spen runner Sagar defends Liversedge half marathon crown
- 18:56 Glasgow high-rise flat death treated as suspicious after 11th floor...
- 18:56 Glasgow cafe slammed for 'homophobic and misogynistic' Valentine's...
- 18:55 How evil girlfriend secretly abused boyfriend for six years leaving...
- 18:50 Liverpool CONFIRMED line-up vs Bayern Munich: Do Firmino, Mane and...
- 18:49 34 Nottinghamshire properties selling for over £1 million you might...
- 18:49 Lyon v Barcelona: Champions League last 16 – live!
- 18:49 Liverpool v Bayern Munich: Champions League last 16 – live!
- 18:46 Financial advisers warn SNP ministers that new tax policy could...
- 18:45 Liverpool and Bayern Munich stars at risk of SUSPENSION - who could...
- 18:45 The West Brom team Darren Moore has picked to face QPR