Indonesian government to hold weekly 'fake news' briefings
Indonesia’s communications ministry has announced plans to hold weekly briefings on fake news, in an effort to educate the public about the spread of disinformation in the world’s third-largest democracy.
Communications minister Rudiantara said the initiative was designed to help the Indonesian public “sort through the news” in the lead up to what is widely expected to be a heated presidential election scheduled for next April.
The initiative would be kicked off as soon as possible, said the minister, and fake news stories – known locally as “hoax” news or “black campaigns” – would be... read more
- 13:44 Ferry with 56 aboard runs aground after crashing into yachts in...
- 13:43 Beefing up confidence in Adderbury’s eco-friendly meat
- 13:42 Ant McPartlin’s ex Lisa Armstrong faces legal action if she attacks...
- 13:39 Lincolnshire’s most dangerous junctions revealed
- 13:39 Ditching nuclear arms treaty would be 'dangerous step', Russia...
- 13:38 Girl, 6, saves mum’s life by telling teacher ‘my daddy is hurting...
- 13:37 48 pictures of new school starters in east Hull primary schools
- 13:36 Roger Federer targets new record as he seeks return to form in Basel
- 13:36 Shocking picture shows pensioner in hospital after scrambler hit...
- 13:34 Ben & Jerry’s launch four new low-calorie options
- 13:34 Photographing mixed race people has helped me connect to my dual...
- 13:32 FA Cup joy for Solihull Moors as the impressive run continues
- 13:27 Jamal Khashoggi death: Saudis' explanation challenged
- 13:23 Glazers do not intend to sell Manchester United amid reports of...
- 13:23 Catalonia's independence struggle has hit Barcelona's reputation,...
- 13:21 Mum and five kids 'left freezing in home without a window for weeks'
- 13:20 Leeds bowel patient raises awareness
- 13:20 Daisy needs a special home
- 13:14 Edward Moon shines out among the best (review)
- 13:13 Ninestiles school to enforce 'silent corridor' rule
- 13:13 Dominic Raab tells 'jittery' Tories: Hold your nerve
- 13:12 Man City star Bernardo Silva sends warning to Liverpool and Chelsea...
- 13:11 Three people reveal why they like being part of the sugar...
- 13:10 Julie on care award shortlist
- 13:10 MND suffer Jason Liversidge's triple world record attempt
- 13:08 Wirral's best schools for GCSE results revealed
- 13:07 Landmark Jewish cafe Gaby's Deli in London to close
- 13:01 A sheep in wolf’s clothing? The other side of Henry VIII
- 13:01 Heartbroken man reveals how Universal Credit chaos forced wife into...
- 13:00 Police issue CCTV appeal after man stabbed in Coventry