India take control against Sri Lanka on opening day of second test as bowlers Ravichandran Ashwin and Ishant Sharma shine
Ravichandran Ashwin and Ishant Sharma helped India dismiss Sri Lanka for 205 on the opening day of the second Test in Nagpur.
India had reached 11 for one at the close, after KL Rahul fell for just seven.
It was the hosts' spinners, however, who made the major impact with Sri Lanka losing six wickets in the final session at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Jake Ball happy with England's bowling approach as Joe... Steve Smith is simply remarkable – the Bradman-esque... Share this article Share Opener Dimuth Karunaratne had earlier made 51 and captain... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 19:31 Dates set for TWO demonstrations to force disgraced MP Andrew...
- 19:00 Scottish Government tourism campaign accused of ‘pushing SNP message’
- 19:01 Premier League transfer news: Lewandowski, Malcom, Ospina
- 19:31 Mum says school is like a 'prison' as son, 7, is kept in at break...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 19:00 Guns drawn as armed police surround car in Coventry street
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 19:31 Fake news claiming Rowan Atkinson has died are 'linked to scam' and...
- 18:59 Man dies after being knocked down in shopping centre car park
- 18:59 Developer ups social housing offer for student flats complex
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 17:26 Tax payers left to cover Government funding cuts for Derbyshire Police
- 19:31 Watch terrified mum and tot flee car as dad hauled out in violent...
- 19:00 Death driver suspect appears in court over Foleshill crash
- 17:19 Murder and manslaughter rates revealed by police for every area of...
- 19:31 Compromise over 'ridiculous' plans to close popular riverside...
- 18:59 Brother pays tribute to 'kind, caring and fearless' Sheffield...
- 17:26 Widow has bank account frozen for WEEKS after mystery deposit...
- 18:59 Ambulance staff to press on with strikes
- 20:58 Summer getaway warning as motorists face 'frantic Friday' congestion
- 18:59 Lancashire recommends... the best children's play parks in Lancashire
- 17:19 Dinosaurs on prowl in garden at Harlow Carr
- 17:19 Special 50p coin sold on eBay for hundreds - but do you have one?
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 18:59 'My daughter died on a school trip - but no one has ever said sorry...
- 18:59 Plaque honour for Sooty's 70th birthday
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 19:31 'I don't know where I am' Harrowing final call of drunk teen who...
- 17:19 Hotel Chocolat 'homing in' of new Halifax store