Increase in bottle sales
North East-based milk retail giant Hanover Dairies has seen a five per cent increase across the board in glass milk bottle sales over the past month as nationwide consumer reaction to the use of single-use plastic containers continues to cause growing environmental and human food-chain alarm.
The company’s sales of glass bottled milk have increased since Christmas following well documented reports in the media about concerns over single-use plastic entering the human food-chain.
In comparison, glass milk bottles are more environmentally friendly and can be reused up to 20 times.
Compared... read more
- 06:55 Tuesday’s best TV: The Five Billion Pound Super Sewer; Random Acts
- 06:55 Tuesday briefing: 'Treasonous' Trump kowtows to Putin
- 06:55 'Putin's poodle': newspapers declare Trump a traitor after Helsinki...
- 06:55 'Always go slightly too far': what makes ambush TV work?
- 06:31 How we made: Roni Size on the Mercury-winning album New Forms
- 06:12 Nauru asylum seeker's body flown to Brisbane after emotional standoff
- 06:12 State of emergency proclaimed over dock strike - archive, 1970
- 06:57 Frozen sweetcorn from Lidl now being recalled amid listeria outbreak
- 06:11 Top cancer genetics professor quits job over bullying allegations
- 06:11 Genetically modified babies given go ahead by UK ethics body
- 06:08 Helena Morrissey: ‘We have nine children. I plan every day on a...
- 04:36 Peter Capaldi writes to reassure young fan about Doctor Who...
- 04:36 Ex-wife of former One Nation adviser calls for rape survivors to be...
- 04:36 New Caledonia referendum: call to reject 'colonising power' France
- 04:36 'No collusion': Trump and Putin deny election meddling in TV...
- 04:35 Tech shares keep sinking amid concerns sector is slowing
- 04:01 Australian media are in decline. The Fourth Estate reminds us why...
- 04:01 Turnbull says there is ‘real concern about Sudanese gangs’ in...
- 04:01 Putin rejects UK's 'ungrounded accusations' over novichok poisoning
- 00:57 Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker hopes role will inspire young girls
- 00:54 Over 2 million Britons risk dying early from multiple illnesses
- 00:54 NHS rationing putting hernia patients' lives at risk, say surgeons
- 00:54 UK police force failed to record 10,000 crimes, watchdog says
- 00:54 Lava 'bomb' crashes through roof of boat in Hawaii, injuring tourists
- 00:54 Only 1% of children's books have BAME main characters – UK study
- 00:54 Sudoku 4114 medium
- 06:55 Duncan Priddle: Take a trip to see Tolkein-esque beauty and rare...
- 06:55 Heart disease patients with multiple illnesses ‘in need of more help’
- 06:54 Drug mule says ‘I’m going to die, Lord help me’ in farewell video...
- 06:54 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho 'seriously impressed' with one star in...