'Inclusive, cosmopolitan and international': How Sheffield's New Era development could herald a future of greater trade with China
“This has not been done before in the UK,” says Jerry Cheung, managing director of the New Era development, a huge scheme of flats for students, shops and restaurants off Bramall Lane in a high-profile spot near the St Mary’s Gate roundabout. Backed entirely with Chinese investment, it is worth more than £65 million, will support 400 jobs and includes a crucial element – the China-UK Business Incubator, a service that will strengthen ties between the two nations and encourage enterprise at a time when new trading partners are being sought beyond Europe.
A collaboration between Jerry’s firm,... read more
- 00:52 How can Renato Sanches be so bad at one club and so good at another?
- 00:52 Talking Horses: Rather Be can lift BetVictor Gold Cup for Henderson
- 00:52 Impressive England thrash South Africa to close in on World T20...
- 00:52 Magnus Carlsen narrowly avoids Fabiano Caruana stunner in Game 6 epic
- 00:44 'I didn't worry about getting HIV'
- 00:44 Prize crossword 27,669
- 00:44 Killer sudoku 632
- 00:42 David Behrens: We’re paying rail company more to add insult to...
- 00:39 Aldyr Schlee, designer of Brazil's famous yellow jersey, dies
- 00:30 Turnbull says climate change has become a 'third rail' for Liberal...
- 00:30 CIA determines Saudi crown prince ordered journalist's killing –...
- 00:28 Awards reveal some of Hull's most talented young entrepreneurs
- 00:27 Co-op own-brand champagne better than Moët, says Which?
- 00:27 Patisserie Valerie chair hires former SFO investigator as his lawyer
- 00:22 Welcome sight: Why some Jamaicans want the army to stay
- 00:17 University students hit by wave of fake tax refund emails
- 00:14 Sabarimala: Why has a Hindu temple divided India's women?
- 00:11 Vienna nest of spies: Why Austria is still centre for espionage
- 00:11 Students targeted in 'biggest-ever' phishing scam
- 00:07 French fuel protests against Macron over rising prices
- 00:00 Nottingham Rock City evacuated after 'flare set off'
- 23:53 No threat seen as Rugby Australia gives blessing to rival competition
- 23:48 Ariana Grande debuts short hair - and fans go wild
- 23:38 Who should you vote for in the Victorian election?
- 23:33 Cuba pulls doctors out of Brazil amid row
- 23:33 Chelsea set to win race for Borussia Dortmund’s £70m-rated star...
- 23:33 Djokovic offers solution to Federer and Zverev debate on ATP calendar
- 23:33 Emma Bunton relaunches solo career despite Spice Girls reunion
- 23:26 Moment drunk driver deliberately crashes into crowd of people...
- 23:26 Georgia Democrat Stacey Abrams to challenge governor poll loss