Inaugural Egyptian film festival has true global reach
IN VOLATILE times, launching a new film festival is an enterprise that can only be considered an act of defiant optimism.
Thus it is with Eqypt’s El Gouna Film Festival, masterminded by the highly respected critic and programmer of Arab cinema, Intishal Al Timimi.
If the celeb count is anything to go by, the inaugural festival was a resounding success — the likes of Forest Whitaker, Dylan McDermott, Michael Madsen, Emmanuelle Beart and Vanessa Williams along with filmmakers from Egypt and the Arab world were in attendance.
With a mission statement of promoting cultural understanding and... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle