IMF boosts bailout for crisis-hit Argentina
The International Monetary Fund has agreed to speed up a batch of emergency loans to Argentina and provide a bigger bailout than initially planned.
The IMF plans to boost its 36-month package to $57.1bn (£43bn) from $50bn announced previously.
It will also make more than $36bn available up to the end of 2019 - about $19bn more than announced before.
The move is aimed at restoring confidence in Argentina, which is facing a growing economic crisis.
Its economy has contracted as the value of the Argentine peso has plunged and a drought has hurt agricultural exports. Alarmed investors have... read more
- 07:17 Essence of Corby celebrated at special Cube event
- 07:17 Landmark day for Corby railway station
- 07:16 Greig Laidlaw the veteran presence in Paris amongst the...
- 07:14 Francis ready to kick on after successful Saints comeback
- 07:13 Too much, too young? Mayor could become the first millennial president
- 07:14 Curle confident loanees Elsnik and Powell will shine for Cobblers
- 07:13 Teenager dies after shotgun and knife attack in north London
- 07:06 FARMING MATTERS: Online matchmaking for cattle
- 07:02 This is what you can expect from the weather this weekend
- 07:01 Liverpool fans won't like this analysis of Jurgen Klopp's tactics
- 07:01 Sam Allardyce in the firing line on Celebrity Apprentice
- 07:01 Man Utd and Liverpool fans FUME at Jim White after Carabao Cup claim
- 07:01 DeGale vs Eubank Jr start time: What time will the boxing fight start?
- 06:50 Brexit: Theresa May warned of mass revolt if country heads for no-deal
- 06:48 Halifax Paralympic star Hannah Cockroft speaks about disability...
- 06:47 This is what you can expect from the weather this weekend
- 06:46 Saudi sisters trapped in Hong Kong fear death penalty if deported
- 06:46 Coventry City receive Ricoh deadline as Mark Robins explores his...
- 06:41 This is what you can expect from the weather this weekend
- 06:38 Northampton park festival apologises 'without reservation' after...
- 06:34 Hartlepool business named as one of the best companies in Britain...
- 06:34 Dean Smith tells Conor Hourihane the best way to silence his Aston...
- 06:33 New CT scanner set to slash waiting times at Scottish hospital
- 06:33 Premier League table: Super computer predicts final standings...
- 06:33 Arsenal legend reveals he will be SHOCKED if Unai Emery does this...
- 06:33 Arsenal boss Unai Emery NEEDS Mesut Ozil: Gunners star makes...
- 06:33 Chelsea news: N'Golo Kante JUMPS to the defence of under fire Jorginho
- 06:32 Prepare to pay for a hidden pay increase – Martin Lewis
- 06:32 Jack Monroe, Bootstrap Cook interview - spilling the beans on tins,...
- 06:32 Janet Christie’s Mum’s the Word