I changed career to do mental health nursing but now I'm drowning
In my late twenties I decided to go back to university to study mental health nursing. I am now several months into my first position as a qualified nurse in an acute psychiatric hospital. There are days I question my decision and think: “What the hell have I done?” I sometimes feel trapped in a position I have worked so hard to achieve and I wonder if this is to be my life from now on.
Before I became a nurse I was a support worker looking after people with learning disabilities. I supported a service user who had physical and communication difficulties and she would fight, bite and scream... read more
- 00:46 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:39 Child obesity plan targets sweets at checkouts
- 00:36 Early wickets were not enough to stop leaders
- 00:18 Matt Le Tissier: ‘VAR will make defenders be defenders, not wrestlers’
- 00:13 Manchester United ready to include Anthony Martial in bid to sign...
- 00:09 East Coast train line back under public control
- 00:04 Highland midwives hit the screens with second TV series
- 23:57 The best tech from Sonar 2018
- 23:57 Scottish independence supporters march to Bannockburn
- 23:53 Alarm sounded on R&D tax relief cowboys
- 23:53 Captain leads rearguard as strugglers earn draw
- 23:51 Euan McColm: Protect democracy from politics of harassment
- 23:43 Wolves are the frontrunners to sign Jack Wilshere - reports
- 23:38 Review: Hyundai Ioniq,
- 23:35 EXCLUSIVE: U-turn! Stobart's ousted boss's bold plans to re-merge...
- 23:33 Dani Garavelli: Pressure is piling to decriminalise cannabis
- 23:29 Versatile Mexico validate Osorio's tinkering with second World Cup win
- 23:26 Dani Garavelli: Don’t commit to Mack Mk3 in heat of moment
- 23:22 Legal threat looms over teachers not telling parents if pupil...
- 23:18 Police release statement on high-speed chase through Hull ending in...
- 23:14 Call for ban on ‘talking, listening’ Cayla
- 23:12 Trump stays on immigration offensive as Democrats seek answers on...
- 23:01 At least 15 injured in ‘failed assassination attempt’ on...
- 23:00 John McEnroe insists Serena Williams should be seeded at Wimbledon
- 23:00 England’s Sophie Ecclestone rips into New Zealand for big fightback
- 23:00 Gareth Southgate keeping his young England side calm amid the storm
- 23:00 England coach Eddie Jones: ‘We’re coming to a peak after South...
- 23:00 Sarah Sanders kicked out of restaurant because of work for Trump
- 23:00 Vatican ex-diplomat sentenced to five years on child pornography...
- 22:57 Ethiopia president targeted in grenade assassination attempt at...