Hundreds queue outside new shop in St Helens
More than 200 shoppers looking for a bargain queued to get through the doors of a new discount retailer in St Helens.
One Below has been opened at the Hardshaw Centre by father and son entrepreneurs Christopher Edwards and Christopher Edwards Senior, who founded Poundworld Retail Limited before it was sold to American private equity conglomerate TPG Capital in 2014.
Other news: Men charged with Factory nightclub assault on St Helens teenager
The shop opened on Saturday in the former Poundworld unit, creating 20 jobs.
It sells more than 5,000 products costing £1 or less, with items across 10... read more
- 00:39 Swansea mum quarter-way through 20,000-mile coast trek
- 00:39 Boy, 5, given prosthetic arm that lets him hug brother
- 00:39 Check your train time - new timetables begin
- 00:23 Talking Horses: Keeper Hill to climb at Cheltenham, plus Saturday...
- 00:18 Who will replace Jeremy Corbyn after Labour’s worst defeat in 80...
- 00:07 New Zealand volcano: Search resumes for two remaining bodies
- 00:03 General election 2019: 'Full steam ahead to Brexit deal'
- 23:26 Albanese attacks Coalition’s nuclear ‘fantasy’ as Greens say report...
- 23:13 Paedophile couple who filmed themselves abusing children jailed for...
- 23:11 Arsenal and Manchester United eye Dejan Kulusevski transfer
- 23:07 Quadriga: Lawyers for users of bankrupt crypto firm seek exhumation...
- 22:52 Blackwater founder Erik Prince secretly met Venezuela vice-president
- 22:47 Time to do one apace to the Kerguelen Islands?
- 22:47 Frank Lampard says Chelsea uncertainty over signings no bad thing
- 22:47 Arsenal’s Freddie Ljungberg wants quick decision on Emery successor
- 22:47 Dwight McNeil: ‘It was character-building to be released by United’
- 22:40 Western Australia bushfire out of control as temperatures expected...
- 22:32 Frank Lampard rates Chelsea transfer target Nathan Ake
- 22:32 Mikel Arteta keen on Arsenal job as Gunners prepare for talks with...
- 22:32 Dimitar Berbatov’s Premier League predictions including Arsenal,...
- 22:26 Investors who lost $190m demand exhumation of cryptocurrency mogul
- 22:20 Harlequins’ Champions Cup hopes all but ended by Ulster mauling
- 22:20 Danny Cipriani: ‘From a kid to an adult, it’s been rejection for me’
- 22:18 What the Conservatives' win means for your money
- 22:15 Uber launches appeal to regain London taxi license after TFL...
- 22:07 Charlie Nicholas fears Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandere...
- 21:54 Donald Trump: supreme court to rule on release of bank, tax and...
- 21:40 Dad finds ‘pungent’ dead snake inside Christmas wreath
- 21:40 A&E waiting times worst in a decade as NHS warns of winter pressures
- 21:28 Pedophile jailed for convincing his girlfriends to sexually abuse...