Hundreds attend funeral of mum-of-three found dead in her Highfields home
Hundreds of mourners turned out today for the funeral of a woman found dead at her city home.
People gathered at Saffron Hill Cemetery for the 11.30am service for mother-of-three Suvekshya Burathoki, known to those closest to her as Fatima.
Friends, neighbours and the family of Ms Burathoki, 32, had set up a gofundme page after she was found inside the Bartholomew Street property in Highfields on the morning of Tuesday, October 8.
The appeal, to help pay for her funeral, raised about £10,000.
Fund-raising organiser Ayanah Lilly-Anne, who set up the page, said: “Fatima was born in Dharan,... read more
- 14:20 HMV opens up its Bury store to unsigned acts
- 14:20 Police hunting wanted man with links to Whitefield, Bury
- 13:19 Stratford Herald to host General Election hustings
- 12:57 Libraries in Lichfield and Burntwood to get upgraded computers
- 12:42 Lichfield Garrick lifts the lid on new season of shows
- 12:42 Global interest as items from former Abbots Bromley School are...
- 12:24 What is National Insurance and why are the Tories pledging to cut it?
- 12:07 M60 crash survivor reunited with firefighter rescuer by chance
- 12:02 Radcliffe Moriscos morris troupe win big at TMDA Championship
- 12:02 Bury Council meeting cancelled because of general election
- 11:38 Brexit Party campaigner being 'barred from store' results in...
- 10:39 Ricky Tomlinson and Ralf Little visit Bury Market to film new series
- 10:39 Concerns raised about bookings at The One
- 09:59 Burntwood groups boosted by donations from business
- 09:41 General election 2019 latest: Labour’s radical ‘manifesto of hope’
- 08:53 Man charged after young girl sexually assaulted in Radcliffe
- 08:38 Long delays after four-vehicle crash on M60 at Worsley
- 05:59 Bury Hospice – behind the scenes: Operations and outreach
- 05:59 Firm goes extra mile to help Bury Hospice
- 05:59 Old Hall Primary School is home to a beehive
- 05:59 Bury Council reserves will be spent on senior staff salaries
- 05:59 Crash victim reunited with saviour by chance
- 05:59 Bury's most wanted — November 21, 2019