Hull man who left poor dog in this sickening state finds himself behind bars
A Hull man has been jailed and banned from keeping dogs, cats and caged animals for life after allowing a Jack Russell to suffer.
John Terrence Powdrill, 42, failed to provide the appropriate veterinary treatment for 16-year-old Jake between August 20 and 27.
The RSPCA found Jake wrapped up in a duvet in Powdrill’s kitchen, with a hole half-a-centimetre in size on top of his muzzle.
When they removed the duvet Jake was "very skinny" and had sores all over his body.
He was taking to the vets immediately, but was sadly put to sleep due to the extent of his suffering.
RSPCA inspector... read more
- 02:37 The general election party manifestos at a glance
- 00:45 Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust rewards dedicated employees
- 00:02 Derby College commended for its partnership work
- 21:31 Aldi has a 'secret hour' when they slash prices of items by 50%
- 20:49 Coffin Club to help people talk about death returns to Derby
- 20:49 Huge 150-piece party bundle from Iceland costs just £15
- 20:06 Man who sold cars from his drive threatened with legal action
- 19:35 Well known Burton bouncer reveals that he has battled mental heath...
- 19:35 The heartbreaking rare condition that claimed the lives of mum's...
- 19:35 Thug branded 'boyfriend from hell' after abusing woman he met on...
- 19:33 Police shut road in Kirby Muxloe after 2 vehicle fire
- 18:52 What Brexit Party General Election 2019 manifesto promises for...
- 18:52 Major Burton roadworks to be aware of in the coming weeks
- 18:52 Man arrested in connection with Derbyshire sexual assault is bailed
- 18:43 Editorial: On immigration, Labour has answers the Tories do not
- 18:10 Burglar begs sobbing pregnant girlfriend to wait for him as he gets...
- 17:39 Ghosts, ghouls and things that go bump in the night
- 17:39 Derby and Derbyshire speed camera locations for the next week
- 17:39 Man found with 'serious injuries' after police rush to Derby address
- 17:34 Mum posts photos of empty cans and bottles of alcohol she saw as he...
- 17:18 CBBC looking for kids from Leicester to star in TV show Marrying...
- 16:56 These homes could be the most Chistmassy in Derby
- 16:26 Incredible escape for driver as Jaguar left mangled in Derbyshire...
- 15:43 The top Christmas traditions for families
- 15:43 Key Derby County injury update ahead of Sheffield Wednesday clash
- 15:01 Shoplifter steals 36 tubs of Christmas chocolate from Loughborough...
- 15:01 Where's Wolsey? The remains of Henry VIII's advisor are believed to...
- 15:00 Phillip Cocu explains why he held back final two Derby County subs...
- 15:00 Live updates as police cars and ambulances pour into Derby street