Hull guest's shock as two men die in Manchester's Britannia hotel
A Hull hotel guest has spoken of his shock after two men died at a Manchester hotel where he was staying.
Police say they are treating the death of man in the Britannia Hotel in Manchester city centre as suspicious.
Police received an early-hours 999 call saying a man had fallen from the hotel. Detectives found a man on Silver Street, at the back of the hotel, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
During their investigation they then found the body of a second man inside a hotel room, reports M.E.N.
Greater Manchester Police say they have identified the man who had fallen from the hotel... read more
- 15:21 Poldark's Eleanor Tomlinson to star with Mary Berry in Christmas...
- 15:21 Police called to report of lost seal pup
- 15:20 Festive fun at Garstang's Victorian Christmas Festival
- 15:20 Thousands of Rugby patients are waiting three weeks or more to see GP
- 15:20 Pupils give up weekend to pack bags in aid of Myton Hospice
- 15:20 Officers covering villages and rural areas to be Taser equipped in...
- 15:19 Honorary Doctorate for East Lancashire health chief
- 15:19 Arrest after armed police called to St Annes
- 15:19 Festive fun at Garstang's Victorian Christmas Festival
- 15:19 Strasbourg attack: 'It lasted for minutes, but felt like hours'
- 15:19 Major Shefield road to be closed for resurfacing works
- 15:19 Archdeacon Michael: Just where do festive traditions come from
- 15:18 More than 100 new student flats to be built on site of former hotel
- 15:18 Prolific Sunderland car thief will spend Christmas behind bars
- 15:18 Police called to report of lost seal pup
- 15:17 Honorary Doctorate for East Lancashire health chief
- 15:17 This is how you can cook a WHOLE Christmas dinner using just TWO pans
- 15:17 The most dramatic and shocking photos of the Sheffield Blitz
- 15:17 This might just be the best Elf on the Shelf idea yet
- 15:16 Pope demotes two cardinals over sexual abuse scandals
- 15:16 Camelot won’t pay Sheffield man’s £200,000 scratchcard jackpot...
- 15:15 Camelot won’t pay Sheffield man’s £200,000 scratchcard jackpot...
- 15:15 Licence could be stripped from Doncaster shop owner after ‘smuggled...
- 15:15 These are the people police urgently want to speak to in Calderdale
- 15:14 Woman says she cleared her eczema by giving up coffee, eggs, milk,...
- 15:14 Sunderland goes mad over Christmas elves - city comes second in...
- 15:13 Killer dad dumped dying baby outside hospital ‘like sack of...
- 15:13 Bottle shop in Northampton hopes to add bar area
- 15:11 Camelot won’t pay Sheffield man’s £200,000 scratchcard jackpot...
- 15:11 Licence could be stripped from Doncaster shop owner after ‘smuggled...