Hull councillor gets 34 free Humber Street Sesh tickets - but didn't go 'as it's not his thing'
A senior Hull councillor was given 34 free passes for this year's Humber Street Sesh - but didn't attend either day of the annual event.
Councillor Dave Craker, the council's cabinet member for culture, leisure and tourism, said he wasn't a fan of two-day music festival on August 3 and 4.
"It isn't my thing," he said.
He received the passes - worth a total of £340 - because of his portfolio role and the council's involvement in organising street closures over the Sesh weekend.
Ordinary music fans were charged £10 in advance and £15 on the door to attend each day.
Cllr Craker said... read more
- 09:31 London and Manchester both in contention to host ATP Finals from 2021
- 09:30 Person seriously injured in crash on A156 near Fenton
- 09:30 New trustees at Wooler-based trust
- 09:28 What Twitter says about people from the Black Country
- 09:28 This is how much Brits will have to pay to travel to the EU after...
- 09:27 'We pay more because it's the right thing to do' Scots attack Tory...
- 09:26 This is how Doncaster is gearing up to help the homeless during the...
- 09:26 Firefighters dodge needles and human excrement in drug den fire
- 09:26 Burnley pensioner suffers serious injuries following car collision
- 09:26 3 arrested by police after 100mph police pursuit
- 09:26 Researchers put solar panels in clothing for phone charging on-the-go
- 09:26 Arsenal star Lucas Torreira benefiting from one of Arsene Wenger’s...
- 09:25 Firefighters tackling underground peat fire at Scarborough Road,...
- 09:25 Championship transfer rumours: Leeds United midfielder linked with...
- 09:25 Funds approved for apprenticeship scheme could unlock £750,000
- 09:25 Three arrested after 100mph chase through Nuneaton
- 09:24 Football transfer rumours: Ben Chilwell to Manchester City for £50m?
- 09:24 Seahouses crew take delivery of new fire engine
- 09:23 Recycle your Christmas tree and support Willowbrook Hospice
- 09:22 Newborn baby dies month after being attacked by parents’ dogs
- 09:22 Killer whales filmed playing next to woman swimming overhead
- 09:21 Letters: Derek Mackay’s Robin Hood budget could bring him an arrow...
- 09:21 Intouch Games crowned Digital Business of the Year at West Midlands...
- 09:20 Self-driving car test centre for Harborough
- 09:19 Footie5 predictions - how you can win £25k for free
- 09:19 Watch gang swoop and nick £300k jewellery - in 50 seconds
- 09:19 Man Utd news: Dimitar Berbatov reveals bad news for Jose Mourinho...
- 09:19 Burnley Colour Dash raises thousands for Pendleside Hospice
- 09:18 Kurdish-led fighters take last Isis stronghold in Syria, activists say
- 09:17 Jason Oswell’s progress delights Morecambe boss Jim Bentley