HSBC hire John Flint as bank's new chief executive replacing Stuart Gulliver
Mr Flint who currently heads up HSBC’s retail banking and wealth management division will succeed the company’s current CEO Stuart Gulliver from 21 Feburary 2018.
Mr Gulliver has held the position since 2011.
The announcement confirms reports over the weekend that suggested Flint was being considered.
Mr Flint said: “I am humbled by the responsibility and enormously excited by the opportunity to lead HSBC as Group CEO.
“The bank is very well-positioned for the future but we must continue to innovate and accelerate the pace of change required to meet the expectations of our shareholders,... read more
- 09:58 Mansfield’s hour-by-hour weather forecast
- 09:56 Millom pool saved from demolition after public meeting
- 09:54 Concern growing for safety of 82-year-old Peter Coyne
- 09:52 West Brom and Bobby Reid: The latest on the interest in Bristol...
- 09:50 How to deal with a nightmare landlord – here’s your rights as a tenant
- 09:49 Up to 10,000 police officers and SAS to guard Donald Trump on visit...
- 09:49 Trump press secretary told to leave restaurant ‘because she works...
- 09:48 Determined Declan sets his sights on a top ‘Italian job’
- 09:48 Lincolnshire’s fire stations to host blood donation sessions
- 09:47 Elvis Presley's private plane put up for sale after spending 36...
- 09:46 Scientists aim to stop the devastation of Zika-like pandemics
- 09:46 Fresh controversy over firefighters’ ‘stay-put’ advice at Grenfell
- 09:45 Police appeal after girl, 19, assaulted by man in Carlisle street
- 09:43 Leamington woman with footballer's name stars in TV World Cup adverts
- 09:42 Scientists aim to stop the devastation of Zika-like pandemics
- 09:41 Interview: Kevin Linfoot back in the property game
- 09:39 Chesterfield’s hour-by-hour weather forecast
- 09:34 Once you see Cats in Food, you’ll struggle to un-see them
- 09:33 Kettering mental health charity handed a £3,000 boost
- 09:32 Saudi Arabian women celebrate as driving ban lifted
- 09:26 History society book launched at Southfield House
- 09:25 Private schools shun GCSEs and A-levels
- 09:20 Manchester United signing Fred scores wonder goal in Brazil training
- 09:20 Why do footballers spit?
- 09:19 Saviour and sultan, ally and foe – west in a bind over Erdoğan
- 09:19 Born out of brutality, South Sudan, the world’s youngest state,...
- 09:18 Huge fire in Birmingham: 75 firefighters called to severe blaze in...
- 09:17 Lincolnshire’s fire stations to host blood donation sessions
- 09:16 Harborough Bake Off star to appear at feast for food lovers!
- 09:15 Manchester’s been crowned ‘the world’s wildest city’