How will Labour put an extra £26bn into the NHS by 2024?
Labour has pledged to put an extra £26bn – over and above inflation – into the NHS in England by 2023-24 if it forms the next government. The party claims its plans for the NHS would deliver the “world-class health service we all need”.
NHS funding has been a key political battleground since 2010, when the Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition limited the NHS to annual rises of just over 1%, far below the 3.7% increases it received on average between its creation in 1948 and 2010. That ended in April, when the NHS’s budget rose by 3.4% after Theresa May’s pledge last... read more
- 10:39 Otley 0, Preston Grasshoppers 0: Paul Arnold's men halt bad run in...
- 10:37 Police appeal for witnesses after a robbery
- 10:37 The date has been set for the next Royal Wedding
- 10:34 Sarah’s leap for the ‘Ambucopter’
- 10:34 Young stars shine at awards night in Spilsby
- 10:30 Emmanuel Petit backs Carlo Ancelotti as ‘perfect’ for Arsenal manager
- 10:26 French new wave star Anna Karina dies aged 79
- 10:25 Santa dash raises charity cash
- 10:24 All the incidents that police dealt with last night in Leicester...
- 10:22 Planning permission granted for new home in garden of Bishop’s...
- 10:20 Man shot in Hull street by armed police
- 10:18 Man shot by police in Hull
- 10:16 Santa dash raises charity cash
- 10:15 M4 crash: One dead and one injured in four-vehicle collision
- 10:15 General election 2019: John McDonnell sorry for 'catastrophic'...
- 10:14 Michael Gove promises Brexit trade deal with EU by end of 2020
- 10:12 No happy return for Morecambe boss Derek Adams as Shrimps lose 3-0...
- 10:09 Race against time to launch Europe’s troubled mission to Mars
- 10:09 Man critical after being shot by police in Hessle Road in Hull
- 10:08 Police release update after cemetery closed for two days after...
- 10:07 Strictly champion Kelvin Fletcher in 'complete disbelief' over his win
- 10:06 Get ready for heavy snow as temperatures plummet to -8C
- 10:05 Harecoursing: Three arrested in Horsington area
- 10:02 Firefighters tackle major Glasgow city centre fire
- 09:54 What happens to Melanie Onn after losing the election?
- 09:54 'Please choose option two' - reaction to council's plans for Toll...
- 09:53 Faulty valve leaves thousands without water in Bedfordshire
- 09:53 Nicola Sturgeon: Scotland 'cannot be imprisoned' in UK
- 09:51 Man cut free from car after crash in Standish
- 09:50 No classic but North End get the job done: Preston fan John Smith...