How to treat anaphylactic shock: What to do if someone has a severe allergic reaction
Anaphylaxis - also known as anaphylactic shock - usually develops suddenly and gets worse very quickly. Anaphylaxis is a medical emergency. It can be very serious if not treated quickly.
Related: Eyebrow wax ‘nearly kills’ teenager after causing extreme allergic reaction
What to do if someone has anaphylaxis
The following advice is issued by the NHS.
If someone has symptoms of anaphylaxis, you should:
:: Use an adrenaline auto-injector if the person has one – but make sure you know how to use it correctly first
:: Call 999 for an ambulance immediately (even if they start to feel better) –... read more
- 14:19 Nottinghamshire's best dressed houses this Christmas - in pictures
- 14:19 Leicester nursery manager answered personal phone calls while...
- 14:18 Poorly dog with no microchip seized by police in Salcey Forest
- 14:18 Fundraiser to be held in memory of late Olympic showjumper
- 14:18 9 Christmas party makeup must-haves from Urban Decay, Charlotte...
- 14:18 Doncaster Santa dash and festive fayre raises nearly £1,000
- 14:16 How long should you keep your child off school when they are sick?
- 14:16 Doncaster Santa dash and festive fayre raises nearly £1,000
- 14:16 Man who had stash of indecent images of kids spared jail - and...
- 14:16 Liaison group set to monitor holiday park
- 14:16 Leicester's Dry Dock pub earmarked for demolition
- 14:16 Byron burgers in Leicester still at risk of closure despite...
- 14:16 Changes to residents' parking schemes in Leicester: What you need...
- 14:15 Derbyshire Police release CCTV images of two wanted men
- 14:14 Police probe into arson attack at Sheffield depot
- 14:14 Why Steve Bruce didn't want Darren Bent to join Aston Villa
- 14:14 Stereophonics play Swansea 20 years after iconic Morfa Stadium gig
- 14:14 Strictly Come Dancing star Giovanni Pernice ‘dates crew member’ at...
- 14:13 Poorly dog with no microchip seized by police in Salcey Forest
- 14:13 Chinese takeaway given just ONE out of five food hygiene rating
- 14:13 'This is no way to live' - Rough sleeping in Lincolnshire doubles...
- 14:13 Doncaster Santa dash and festive fayre raises nearly £1,000
- 14:13 Police probe into arson attack at Sheffield depot
- 14:13 Dreams coming to Chesterfield
- 14:11 Scotland’s least used railway station sees passenger numbers double
- 14:11 Billy Charlton trial: Protester claimed women were being 'spiked'...
- 14:11 Man charged after incident closed Leicester city centre street
- 14:11 This clever trick will make removing children's splinters much easier
- 14:10 Milestone for A585 bypass plan near Fleetwood
- 14:10 Bury C of E High School pupils enjoy success in championship