How to treat anaphylactic shock: What to do if someone has a severe allergic reaction
Anaphylaxis - also known as anaphylactic shock - usually develops suddenly and gets worse very quickly. Anaphylaxis is a medical emergency. It can be very serious if not treated quickly.
Related: Eyebrow wax ‘nearly kills’ teenager after causing extreme allergic reaction
What to do if someone has anaphylaxis
The following advice is issued by the NHS.
If someone has symptoms of anaphylaxis, you should:
:: Use an adrenaline auto-injector if the person has one – but make sure you know how to use it correctly first
:: Call 999 for an ambulance immediately (even if they start to feel better) –... read more
- 16:57 Transgender hate crime is rising in Lancashire
- 16:56 £7m care village given go ahead by planners
- 16:56 Transgender hate crime is rising in Lancashire
- 16:56 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 16:55 Arsenal legend Arsene Wenger could manage Premier League side from...
- 16:55 Arsenal fans SLAM Unai Emery for what he said about Aaron Ramsey
- 16:54 Nothing new in these policies
- 16:54 What it's really like at Jack's supermarket in Rubery
- 16:53 Council toughens up on Sutton spice dealers even if it leaves them...
- 16:53 Mayor of Berwick faces vote of no confidence
- 16:53 ESA underpayment: Who is entitled to backdated benefits?
- 16:53 Buckingham resident ‘privileged’ to have helped with building of...
- 16:52 Coroner highlights failures after death of student with sepsis
- 16:52 Mayor of Berwick faces vote of no confidence
- 16:52 Gourmet Burger Kitchen’s claims they sell ‘proper Indian’ food...
- 16:50 Theresa May has cover for a Brexit transition extension, and it may...
- 16:50 ‘The wolf of racial bias’: the admissions lawsuit rocking Harvard
- 16:48 Judy Blume's Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret to be adapted for...
- 16:47 Part of Daventry Country Park playground to remain shut until next...
- 16:46 No.79 bus torched in Bilston arson attack
- 16:44 Case of four men accused of conspiracy to murder John Louden adjourned
- 16:44 Liam and Chloe families to wait at least a year for bomb blast inquest
- 16:42 Manchester United defender Luke Shaw signs new five-year deal
- 16:41 Watch as workers at High Peak factory take strike action in pay...
- 16:38 Learn more about town school at open day
- 16:37 Leeds takeaway fined for selling cheaper beef and claiming it was lamb
- 16:37 ‘Lunatic’ driver had son, 8, in car when he sped through Sheffield...
- 16:35 £100k of illegally salvaged metal taken from Sunderland-built First...
- 16:35 Victims in double stabbing in Melton among 3 men arrested by police
- 16:35 Sickening moment Land Rover smashes through HOSPITAL as masked men...