How to make friends in a new city
Making friends as an adult isn’t always easy.
If you’ve moved to a new city (or country, or continent), it can be particularly tricky to find people that you want to hang out with and who also want to hang with you.
Human beings are social animals, and it’s through meaningful connections to others that we get the most out of life.
A famous Harvard study that’s been conducted over 80 years shows that it’s our relationships that have the biggest impact on our overall health and happiness.
Loneliness is best avoided, but how do you go about making friends in a new place?
Use your existing... read more
- 14:57 Wetherby roadworks delays expected
- 14:55 Eco-friendly pupils commit to a greener lifestyle
- 14:55 Wetherby roadworks delays expected
- 14:54 Arsenal wonderkid Emile Smith Rowe explains why he rejected Barcelona
- 14:54 Family pays tribute to 12-year-old boy killed in Kirklington crash
- 14:54 London's Black Cultural Archives get £200,000 stopgap funding for...
- 14:54 Capital hotel eyes growth after seven-figure refit
- 14:52 When is the next UK general election and could it be brought forward?
- 14:52 Man finds dad’s body buried in basement 57 years after he ‘walked...
- 14:52 Norovirus: Children banned from Northumbria hospital visits
- 14:52 Lack of evidence for teething gels, medicines regulator says
- 14:51 Sunderland Primary Schools Key Stage 2 Performance Tables 2018:...
- 14:51 Frank O’Donnell: responsible businesses are gaining competitive...
- 14:51 Have your say in survey on policing and crime
- 14:50 Could Postmaster salary cuts be causing Harrogate Post Offices to...
- 14:50 Goals cheers 50th football centre milestone
- 14:50 $esc.html($content.name)
- 14:49 Rough sleepers in Sheffield ‘choosing’ to spend nights on the streets
- 14:48 Footie plan could save Wigan green site
- 14:48 The hilarious roadwork sign poking fun at the Hull accent
- 14:48 Could Postmaster salary cuts be causing Harrogate Post Offices to...
- 14:46 Emily Atack coming to Corby
- 14:46 Frugal billionaire Donald Trump recycles unwanted Christmas presents
- 14:46 Magpie Recipe - King scallops, salsify and leek
- 14:46 Russian cosmonauts perform grueling six-hour spacewalk to seal...
- 14:46 Jewish graves daubed with swastikas in racist attack
- 14:44 Theresa May confirms she won't lead Tories into next election
- 14:44 Brexit: UK politics in persistent vegetative state – Feargal Cochrane
- 14:44 Luton Airport unveils £160m expansion
- 14:44 Could Postmaster salary cuts be causing Harrogate Post Offices to...