How to cut your child's sugar intake: From creative snacks to better breakfasts - an expert reveals 6 ways to fight the sweet stuff
A new campaign from Public Health England is urging parents to limit snacks for children to two a day, and 100 calories a piece.
The aim is to reduce kids’ sugar consumption – according to PHE data, children eat on average 10kg of sugar every year, with about half of this coming from sugary drinks and snacks.
This is definitely an important initiative, but any parent will tell you that getting little ones to swap cereal bars for celery is no easy task.
You could explain again and again how eating too much sugar can lead to health problems like obesity and tooth decay, but that doesn’t... read more
- 16:27 Why is a slice of toast much more filling than a slice of bread?
- 18:51 Crowds line Princes Street as Edinburgh Festival Carnival gets...
- 16:27 Dogs can pass illnesses to humans
- 16:27 Think you're a wine buff? How to turn a glass of vino into a family...
- 18:51 Album reviews: Rick Astley | Tom Bailey | Rab Noakes
- 16:27 American Eagle’s lingerie brand Aerie now has models with...
- 16:27 Seven ways to improve your balance
- 18:51 Music interview: Steve Earle on bringing the spirit of “outlaw...
- 16:27 Amazon Prime Day deals: The cool stuff you didn’t know you needed
- 16:27 How to spot age-related macular degeneration
- 23:09 Cristiano Ronaldo: New Juventus star insists he can help club break...
- 18:51 Music review: Paul Simon, Hydro, Glasgow
- 18:51 Theatre review: The Band, Playhouse, Edinburgh
- 23:09 Chelsea transfer news: Real Madrid eye Eden Hazard and Robert...
- 16:27 The winners of dog photographer of year have been announced
- 18:51 Music review: James Taylor & Bonnie Raitt, Hydro, Glasgow
- 23:09 Paul Pogba claims N’Golo Kante is BETTER than Lionel Messi during...
- 16:27 The vegan, cruelty-free guide to skincare: Moisturisers
- 16:27 Alex Salmond's RT show breached Ofcom broadcasting rules
- 23:09 The Open 2018: Why attack is the best form of defence for Rory...
- 18:51 Music review: Bruno Mars, Glasgow Green
- 16:28 Aliens killed by spelling mistake in 2013 Colonial Marines game
- 23:09 Rangers news: Steven Gerrard expecting different Shkupi in Europa...
- 18:51 Edinburgh Jazz Festival reviews: Keyon Harrold | We Begin with...
- 16:27 What are the customs and trade bills and could May face defeat?
- 16:27 Novichok nerve agent ‘was in a perfume bottle which victims found’
- 16:27 World Cup: Pussy Riot protesters charged over pitch demonstration
- 23:09 Chelsea transfer news: Maurizio Sarri urged not to worry about Real...
- 18:51 Interview: Nicola Walker
- 16:27 Putin and Trump played power games with each other before they...