How often should you wash your tea towels and clean your TV remote? Every DAY! The experts' unnerving house cleaning rules that will make you question your home hygeine
Living in a spotlessly clean home appeals to many, but lacking time — and energy — can mean that some chores don’t get done as often as we’d like. Including, it seems, even changing our bed linen.
A recent survey found that barely a quarter of UK adults change their sheets every week, with one in four leaving their bed linen unwashed for at least three or four weeks.
But would such chore-dodging have an impact on our health? How often do you really need to wash stuff?
‘It really depends on how many people live in your home and how dirty clothes, products or surfaces get,’ says Lisa... read more
- 02:36 Discounts and online help retail sales bounce back in July
- 02:36 Chipotle to retrain staff after series of food poisonings
- 02:36 Half of staff fear workplace monitoring, says TUC
- 02:35 US military parade ordered by Trump postponed 'to 2019'
- 02:20 Sheku Kanneh-Mason: Teen cellist wins new Breakthrough music prize
- 02:14 Comment: Universities can lead cybersecurity innovation
- 02:14 Business leaders sign up to support MCR Pathways
- 02:14 Scotland’s cases of fraud against businesses fall by half
- 02:12 Liberty Stadium operator claims venue has structural defects
- 02:12 Colchester shopkeeper 'told off' over thief poster
- 02:12 New chief urged to tackle police 'misogyny'
- 02:02 Whistleblower warns of Vodafone security breaches
- 01:43 Councillor hopes Northampton swimming pool's future can be resolved
- 01:38 Trump's military parade postponed amid news it could cost $92m
- 01:38 Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Indian prime minister, dies at 93
- 01:38 China is 'rapidly' expanding bomber training, probably for US...
- 01:31 NYU offers free tuition for all its medical students
- 01:27 La Liga secures deal to stage top flight game in USA; Barcelona or...
- 01:25 Melbourne teen pleads guilty to hacking into Apple network
- 01:11 Celebrities warned over social media ads
- 01:11 Marine Le Pen's presence deemed 'disrespectful' at Web Summit
- 01:11 FBI sought Google location data of many to catch robber
- 01:11 President Trump relaxes US cyber-attacks rules
- 01:11 Motorola phone 'brazen copy' of iPhone X
- 01:07 Why blue-green algae can be toxic to pets and humans
- 01:07 Courtney Hadwin: British teen through to America's Got Talent semis
- 01:07 A-level results: Why clearing is 'not the end of the world'
- 01:07 Born Famous: Poverty safari or positive experience?
- 01:07 The three-year-old with an IQ of 171
- 01:07 A-level results a surprise? We answer your questions