How Manchester United can solve Antonio Valencia injury issue
Jose Mourinho can little afford the loss of another of his 'untouchables' and the sight of Antonio Valencia limping off the field at the Hawthorns was bound to provoke worry and frustration.
Although the defender insisted he was 'fine', the United manager revealed he was unable to confirm the severity of the injury, which he attributed to fatigue amid the packed festive fixture calendar.
Valencia was always likely to be rested for the Carabao Cup quarter-final and United will hope he recovers rapidly with three Premier League fixtures to be fulfilled before the end of the calendar year.
But... read more
- 14:30 New dedicated area for children will make Harrogate's A&E...
- 17:09 High Peak food waste bag trial could be expanded to other areas
- 17:09 Man ordered to pay over £7,000 after illegal tooth whitening...
- 17:09 Anger over parking ban outside residents homes on flagship...
- 17:09 Halifax town centre road to be closed for flyover inspection
- 21:52 Vulnerable adults collaborate with Sheffield artists on work for...
- 17:09 Hartlepool academy’s Greatest Showman video goes viral
- 17:09 Harrogate dad has raised £11,000 for charity since his double...
- 17:09 Swimming in open water can kill
- 17:09 Police numbers have risen in West Yorkshire
- 17:09 Stereophonics rock Scarborough's Open Air Theatre
- 17:09 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 17:09 Fun day for West Yorkshire toddler diagnosed with rare form of cancer
- 17:09 Criminal gangs preying on excluded children, warns Sheffield MP
- 21:52 This is how new housing estate will look
- 17:09 Virgin viewers to lose these 10 channels on Sunday
- 14:30 Woman, 87, found '20 minutes from death' in boiling house - because...
- 21:52 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 21:52 What’s that smell in Corby and Kettering?
- 14:30 'Current and next generation Eurofighter will dominate for decades'
- 17:09 ‘Wizard’ Dag brings taste of Scandinavia to Sandsend
- 23:25 Baby's cancer struggle inspires epic 192-MILE coast-to-coast trek
- 17:09 Vulnerable mother heartbroken after thieves steal and torch...
- 14:30 New gin shop to open in Carlisle city centre
- 14:31 ‘Will the hosepipe ban lower my water bills?’
- 14:30 Two lost 12-year-old children spark Coastguard search
- 17:09 Dangerous tropical illnesses commonly caught abroad – and how to...
- 17:09 ‘Girls are quitting the gym so they can pay for THESE lashes!’ –...
- 14:33 You’re never too old for first tee Open nerves
- 14:30 Hull council 'wants new stores in Kingswood' despite £32m retail...