How Future Energy sorted out a reader's complaint just before it ceased trading
How long does it take to get a refund from Future Energy?
It was seven months in Kyle Hancock’s case.
He was owed almost £100 after leaving the North East energy company but they were not exactly quick off the mark in sending it.
The company, which was based in the North East, has subsequently ceased trading.
Kyle, of Newton Aycliffe, finally got tired of waiting.
He asked me to give them a prompt - and the refund was paid.
Read More Newcastle energy supplier Future Energy ceases trading, leaving 12,000 customers in limbo And just in time because the company, which was based in the North... read more
- 01:59 Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- 01:54 HMS Queen Elizabeth: Fighter jets to land on new aircraft carrier
- 01:45 'Turnbull, take your words back': South Sudanese plead for racism...
- 01:29 I was sacked from Taggart in two-minute phonecall but I'm looking...
- 01:28 'This is for real': Usain Bolt arrives in Sydney to chase football...
- 01:27 Romania protests: will the EU have to intervene?
- 01:27 Rise in type 2 diabetes in young people in England and Wales
- 01:25 Theatre review Fatally fractured masculinity
- 01:22 Wales completes £800m order for 148 new trains
- 01:21 Jayne Adye: Brexit still means Brexit – why the referendum result...
- 01:19 London Euston station closes for first of three weekends
- 01:13 The Yorkshire Post says: A war of words. How to mark the Armistice
- 01:13 The Yorkshire Post says: Hostage to fortune. Minister: Judge me by...
- 01:13 The Yorkshire Post says: Asylum chaos is set to mount. Yorkshire...
- 01:13 David Behrens: Convert empty high street shops into homes and solve...
- 01:13 Bob Kennard: Small abattoirs are key to meat quality and integrity...
- 01:02 Cases of type 2 diabetes among young people rise 41% in three years
- 00:55 Marchmont House is lovingly restored to its former glory
- 00:40 100 Women: The artist redrawing 'sexist' comic book covers
- 00:39 The immigrants who built Australia's 'fairytale' castles
- 00:35 Crazy Rich Asians: The film burdened with 'crazy' Asian expectations
- 00:32 Killer sudoku 619
- 00:30 Nigel Farage hits out at MPs as he joins forces with hard Brexit group
- 00:30 UK public backs tough action on plastic waste in record numbers
- 00:30 Corbyn to criticise tech firms' media influence in Edinburgh speech
- 00:28 Can you help? Harrogate couple's desperate appeal in search for...
- 00:28 Residents "short-changed" by "shoddy" road resurfacing
- 00:27 Behind the exodus from US state schools
- 00:17 Talking Horses: the best Saturday tips for Newbury, Ripon and...
- 00:11 HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier heads to US to carry first...